Very Best of the Muppet Show DVD

BorkBork

Reaction score
Very Best Of...

Hey!

I got my Very Best Of The Muppet Show This week, and i have watched it 2 times already! Isn't it great???

I just love the Of Muppets And Men Documentary Extra on the dvd. I've never seen that one before. Are there more documentarys like that one?

/Anders

Animal

Reaction score
Anders,
There´s a couple of "making of" documentaries where we get to see the performers and everything! The best one is of course this, "Of Muppets And Men", but there´s also the 15-minute spot on 60 Minutes from 1979(I think), also with interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff! Then there´s the "Jim Henson Hour" episode called "Secret of The Muppets", also a GREAT special.

Also, there´s a very great Fraggle Rock special called "Down at Fraggle Rock". This special is also with lots of interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff!

Hans "Animal" Jensen

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Anders,

Hey,
There is also Henson Place and Great Performances- The World of Jim Henson that show clips of 'The Making Of...' stuff.

There is also The World Of The Dark Crystal andInside The Labyrinth which show you how they made it and lots of behind the scenes stuff !

See ya

grouchman

Reaction score
sounds like this is truly out of production, but does that mean it cannot be found for sale anymore?

if there is indeed no u.s. version planned, it might be worth my getting a region 2 player just to have dvd quality copies of this stuff.

any thoughts/clarifications?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Grouchman

Hey,
I can tell you that the following are available now to buy -

The World Of The Dark Crystal UK DVD
Inside The Labyrinth UK DVD
Of Muppets and Men UK DVD
Great Performances- The World of Jim Henson VHS Available from Henson.com store

Unfortunately The Secrets Of The Muppets, Down at Fraggle Rock- Behind the Scenes andHensons Place are not available on VHS or DVD.

I could help you out with the UK DVD's.

See ya

grouchman

Reaction score
thank you

this is helpful because i have some of this "making of" material already, so i'm not as anxious about the "best of" dvd being out of print and/or unavailbe in the u.s.

i do have several programs whose titles i'm unsure of, so i guess the next thing i need to do is see if i already have the "of muppets and men" special.

still would be nice to have dvd quality, though. are these titles you mentioned something a place like Blackstar would handle?

many thanks.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Even tho it's on DVD the colours are very pale, since the documentary was taken from old original tapes with bad quality. Well, it's not THAT bad, but it looks old.-

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Grouchman and Bork Bork

Hey Guys,
Well the quality isnt 100% it must have been filmed cheaply.

And i dont think BlackStar would have these DVD's ,im not sure.

Of Muppets and Men main features are the "I get around" scene with the pigs on motorbikes and the "In the Navy" scene.
It is all Narrated by Jim Henson.

See ya

dwmckim

Reaction score
US ordering of Very Best

Grouchman...

(very cool avatar btw!)

I can't remember which one it was but i know i was able to get my copy of Very Best of The Muppet Show from either amazon.co.uk or blackstar.co.uk

...so that will help you at least get the DVD - you're on your own in terms of getting to play it!

---actually not true, i can offer a suggestion there too - if you can sell your own DVD player and replace it with an Apex DVD player (often available through Circuit City), those are often able to play multi-regions...some of them have special ways to get to a "loophole" menu and others are already able to play them...they show up often on Ebay too enough to where you an usually price shop for the best price - and keep your eyes on newsgroups and maling lists devoted to dvd players for assistance on which models require what fixes to be multiregion. There's one mailing list on yahoogroups.com devoted specifically to Apex players...type "Apex" in your search and it should bring it up.