1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Air Date

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Stulz, Nov 10, 2002.

1. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

"Mom, there's a Brady in our yard!"

One of the great lines of our time. :D
  2. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

In other words, it's in The Timeslot of Death.

On the other hand, if people are in the mood for such a thing (and nostalgia is VERY big just now), it could do quite well.

We'll see. ;)
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Man, if I want to see phoney, fabricated goofy characters with fake smiles plastered on, I'll take the muppets. Even when no one performs them they are more entertaining!

If the Bradies do better than the Muppets, Henson is in even furtheer Deep Doo Doo!
  4. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

I'm not sure how I feel about the new timeslot. They could have moved it because Friday night is such a low-rated night. That wouldn't be good. On the other hand, it will be coming at the end of November sweeps, so there could be a lot of promotion leading up to it. It'll also be the day after the Thanksgiving parade, so people should remember if the NBC announcers mention as the Kermit balloon goes by that the movie is airing the very next night!

For those who are worried that Friday night is a death timeslot for the Muppets, keep in mind that while JHH and MT started on Fridays, they moved to Sundays to finally die. So being on Sundays isn't necessarily the best place for them either. It could be that they changed the night because of something Disney planned to air on ABC that night. Maybe the Muppets need a night with relatively low competition right now. (I am worried, though, about the Brady movie appealing to the same crowd.)

And for those who are still concerned about Nov. 29 being too early in the season, remember that most studios roll out their Christmas videos at the beginning of November. VeggieTales Christmas and Beauty and the Beast: An Enchanted Christmas are both available now and have been heavily advertised. Heck, MCC was originally released on video on Oct. 8! This is a fairly common practice, so it can't be hurting sales.

Anyway, we'll see what happens, I guess. Everyone mark your calendars!
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'll be going on a road trip to the coast for a cruise beginning on Sunday (Yep, Muley's going!), and won't get to see it...well, I suppose I can set the VCR.

Somebody got my back in case I can't get a VCR before then?

FOZ
  6. Drtooth

Lets think about it:

Sunday: Bad. Competition from Fox's Sunday line up and ABC's Disney programming.

Monday: Not really good. It will be beaten by Raymond. Alley Mc Beal was beaten, and abbruptly canned.

Tuesday: BETTER THE #$%^ NOT BE!!! I have a late class that night! Besides, 24 will clobber them!

Wednesday: Naaaahhh I don't think so!

Thursday: A Thanksgiving audence would be good, but you have too many sports crazy relatives forcing you to watch Foorball

Friday: Not too bad

Saturday: FORGET IT!!!
  7. juliette

juliette New Member

It'll be a delightful antidote to the big event earlier on Friday in this state, the Texas-A&M football game. That's assuming that the Aggies know how to change the channel, of course.
  8. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Foz: I am planning on recording it, so maybe we can arrange a trade. Otherwise, the word is that NBC will have it available for sale on VHS and DVD.

Dr. Tooth: So basically, no day of the week is good? Maybe we need to invent a day of the week for it to air. "The Muppet Christmas movie will now air on Fieselday." ;-) Actually, though I like 24, I hear it hasn't been doing all that well in the ratings. Monday nights are usually decent nights for movies, but I wouldn't want it up against football.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

*sheepishly*
    Oh, yeah...I read that earlier, heh heh...
  10. Drtooth

Nah! I'm going out to see the Fiesels! (I watch the Cosby Show too)

Friday and Thanksgiving Thursday seem like the best times!
  11. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

12. smcguire

smcguire New Member

I agree that when you look at it, any night of the week could be a bad one to air the movie on. So we should just tune in, cross our fingers, and hope for the best!

By the way, if it aired on Dec. 8, it would go up against "A Charlie Brown Christmas" which is being broadcast with a new mini Peanuts Christmas special. That would be pretty tough competition, I think...

--Scott McGuire
  13. Drtooth

Personnally, Modays are the worst times for movies. I can't watch them, since I have a whole week to get ahead of...