Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Air Date

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Eeeeeeeek! THat's a Friday nigth - not even in December. It was just reported that it would be December 9th. Hmmmm. Maybe it will have multiple broadcasts. I'm just glad we'll get it on DVD! Now we will really see if the extra scenes were only cut for time. I hope they're included!
Well December 8th , but you were close:smile:

wow this is weird, i would think it would air more then once. where did Stulz get the news?

darn't, i'll be in in the windy city from Nov 27 till Dec 1 for thanksgivng,i'll have to ask my grandparents to tape it along with the macy's parade.
i doubt i'll be able to watch it because my family and I are staying at my stepdad's brother's house, who i've only met about 6 for 7 times in my life,out of the three years my mom has been married. So it's going to be a kinda diffrent thanksgiving, not a bad one, but i won't be with my grandparents, uncles, ants and cosins yet along my older brother isn't even going.

i hope we can find an offical date soon!

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I went to the NBC website, but there's no mention of it in Movies and Specials.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I completely agree. NBC has that somewhat sappy nostalgic show American Dreams on Sunday nights. I can see that audience crossing over to watch the special.
Well, if Muppets were on in the time slot of American Dreams, it would be quashed in the ratings, because it would be opposite Higher Rated Fox Shows like The Simpsons or Malcom in the middle. Plus ABC's Disney show might be a contender.

On Fridays, sure a lot of people are out, but the only thing on TV is America's Funniest home Vidoes. I doubt much competition there.

Besides, it is not unlike networks to have Christmas Programming the day after Thanksgiving.

I will tape it, but I will buy the Video or DVD (incase I get one) just incase...

smcguire

Reaction score
I agree that Friday Nov. 29 seems like a pretty poor time for the movie air.

One thing the Muppet movie will be competing with will be the new made-for-TV movie "The Brady Bunch in the White House" (where Mr. Brady accidentally becomes President), which will be airing on FOX on Nov. 29.

Make of that what you will...

--Scott McGuire / smcguire@mit.edu

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by smcguire
One thing the Muppet movie will be competing with will be the new made-for-TV movie "The Brady Bunch in the White House" (where Mr. Brady accidentally becomes President), which will be airing on FOX on Nov. 29.
My god, what is the world coming to - now i know why Saddam Hussein has been hunking down in his bunker cut off from the world at nights - a Brady Bunch movie ? Geesh - you guys really need my creative skills over there. It seems your needs are greater than the British viewing public who brought you such classics as 'American Idol' ! :rolleyes:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That's dispicable.....

Zack)Rowlf the, where's tiger? Dog.

Thog

Reaction score
I really liked the first two Brady Bunch movies. But I think I'd rather watch IAVMMCM insted.

smcguire

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
I really liked the first two Brady Bunch movies. But I think I'd rather watch IAVMMCM insted.
I thought the first two Brady Bunch movies were pretty funny, too, although this one sounds kind of questionable (although at least some of the same cast is returning for it). Details for the curious can be found at:

http://www.bradyworld.com/movie/premise.htm

Anyway, I plan to give the Muppet movie higher priority and TiVo it, and relegate the Brady Bunch movie to the VCR. :smile:

--Scott

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Aargh! The Brady movie has been delayed for well over a year. I've been waiting forever to see it. Oh, well -- between the Muppets and the Bradys, the Muppets win. No contest!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm that the Christmas movie is indeed airing on Friday November 29th. The December 8th date was in place when the Ladies Home Journal went to press, but it's recently been changed to Friday November 29th according to some folks at Henson.

The official title is also "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie", not the original title of "It's a Wonderful Muppet Christmas Movie".