Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
and doesnt anyone here think anyone's HOT??? Piggy thinks kermit's HOT! she never said that but i know when someone thinks someones HOT! i'm gonna say it with two t's HOTT!

you know that HUMAN girl from Sesamstraat? she's pretty HOTT! what's her name??? she's not a puppet, oh hey no, i'm not that SICK!

so, how 'bout that Hilary Duff, i think she's HOT!!! (i'm 14)

"it's getting HOTT in here!" GOD I HATE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!

and what next, there's a Henson special where the muppets are PRAYING to Jim, and you guys get mad cause they should have NOTHING to do with religion?

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
I belive that this movie should be previewed by the parent BEFORE letting the child watch it. If the parents find this particular movie sutible for thier child's vocabulary, then so be it.

If I were a parent, however, i won't allow my children to see because of its crudness and sexual references.

I enjoyed the movie inspite of this. It was a very enjoyable movie, although I was slightly disturbed that Kermit was so willing to wish his life away. i would have thought that a movie that was desinged to get the attention of children would teach them to value thier lives, not throw them away and hope to get another chance.
-Linda

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
So Jessica, did you actually ask your daughter what parts of the movie bothered her and made it unappealing?
Since I watched it with her, I knew just what she was reacting to (and asked her about it) at the time. We did not watch the whole thing together. She asked me to turn it off, and after she went to bed, I watched the rest alone. I plan to watch it again by myself sometime.

I suppose I could go into every little semi-offensive moment, but I think it is clear that most people disagree with me, and that would just turn into an opportunity for some to pass judgement on me or my child.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Actually, I'm 28, but if you want to say I'm 22 we'll go with that.
[laughs] That's okay, we can go with your real age. I took a guess based on the picture that used to be on your site.

Natalie

Reaction score
I do agree with you, Jessica. I think any parent would have done just what you had done. They thought that this would be a family movie, there was nothing to say it wasn't going to be geared towards kids too, and it turned out not quite like that. It was disappointing that they couldn't have made it more clear ahead of time.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I think Mokey and Janice are hot.
Janice definately used to be hot, but this new puppet doesn't quite have the same aura. She's still way cool though!

Mokey I respect for her soul, and she's a cutie pie, but I wouldn't call her "hot" (ducks from Byron's glare).

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
but wouldn't it make sense for them to try to become big with kids? I mean look at the money to be made there. Anyway, I see your point and know you are right.

As for introducing kids to the brand, well, I guess that will happen too. I know I am in the minority when it comes to stuff like this. The more I read here, the more I know it, believe me!
Personally i'd love them to try and crack the kids market again because Jim was very committed to that but professionally, i'd say it wouldn't be worth them targetting kids right now in the USA ... the market has slipped too far away from them so they'd have to do an incredible amount of work and financially it makes more sense for them to pump the money into making things like 'BITBBH' and 'Hoobs' which are more likely to be a hit with the young viewers. In Europe, Henson have had a lot more recent success targetting/marketing specifically to kids so still seem prepared to try stuff with the 'Classic Muppets' (hence the Happy Meals) but even then i think it's a slim chance and they'd be better off sticking to the kids shows they have on-air here.

As you say, with the new shows kids will still be introduced to the Muppet brand but it'll be at a later age and to a lesser extent than even now so that could pose a problem, though if that audience is pretty much non-existant right now there's very little to lose unless the movie and the new show is a failure amongst the nostalgic 18-30 age group in which case they'll pretty much hit the bottom of the barrel as to which direction they go in from there. All this is a shame in many respects i know, and i can totally see your points - you are in the minority here as a female parent but then again, the majority of people here are mid-20's males so even here it's the typcial demograph thing going on. There definitely is a part of me that wishes they could have had the opportunity to do a family targetted movie and then a totally seperate edgy TV show for the bigger kids but then i guess they didn't have that chance and also i know people in the business would tell me they are in a weak position already so that would lack any clear direction for the brand and cause confusion amongst the viewers. It actually suprises me that NBC didn't insist that Henson do a movie totally suitable for families with kids of all ages as i think as a network they might have preferred that during the holidat period but then Henson got to use NBC to test the new style so i guess they wanted to get that opportunity from the project too - it might explain the differences between how Henson promoted it compared to how NBC promoted it.

beaker

Reaction score
Scarecrow is gonna be the only one who gets this...but the next Muppet film should be directed by Godfrey Reggio with music by Phillip Glass...itd be about the current awkward state of trying to appeal to the current hip generation while being conflicted with being children's entertainment, as well as the current state of JHC...itd be called 'Kermitisqatsi: flippers out of balance'.