Very Merry Muppet Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few quick questions I hope someone can answer for me.
1 What was the crazy thing that Daniel did to bring Kermit back to the real world?
2 Who's Howard? Please describe both the character and his species to the best of your knowledge.
3 Who's Eugene the tuba-player? Please describe both the character and his species to the best of your knowledge.

Thanks to all who answer.

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Here are a few quick questions I hope someone can answer for me.
1 What was the crazy thing that Daniel did to bring Kermit back to the real world?
2 Who's Howard? Please describe both the character and his species to the best of your knowledge.
3 Who's Eugene the tuba-player? Please describe both the character and his species to the best of your knowledge.

Thanks to all who answer.
1. Spit in Kermit's eye
2. A falmboyant warty Richard Simmons pig dance instuctor
3. A light blue whatnot with white moustache

hope this helps

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ryan, though I have a couple more questions.
4 Was Eugene part of any band at all when he showed up in the movie? In other words, was he grouped with the Electric Mayhem in his one scene?
5 What's the name of the snowman voiced by Mel Brooks? Is this the same Snowman who became Fozzie's partner in Muppet Family Christmas?

Thanks a bunch.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
According to Tough Pigs.com, the Snowman was voiced by Mel Brooks and No it was not the same Snow Man as MFC

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Thanks, Ryan, though I have a couple more questions.
4 Was Eugene part of any band at all when he showed up in the movie? In other words, was he grouped with the Electric Mayhem in his one scene?
5 What's the name of the snowman voiced by Mel Brooks? Is this the same Snowman who became Fozzie's partner in Muppet Family Christmas?

Thanks a bunch.
No problem.

4. Yeah, Eugene was in one or two scenes, both in the orchestra pit with most of the EM band. However, I wished they would have used Nigel as the conductor, instead of Howard's butler...grrr :rolleyes:

Salmoto

Reaction score
Personally, I think it's better this way. I mean, if they have a hard time giving lines to Rowlf, think of how hard it would be to give lines to a Jim Henson character hardly anyone remembers. (Yes, I know he was shared) and call me a kooky-cookie, but I really seem to like Howard, he'd make a great foil character. Though it is strange that they're giving all the not-muppety muppet personalities to Bill Baretta.

puppetguy

Reaction score
In response to re-voicing Nigel, a Jim-character that "no one remembers," if you'll recall, Jim only voiced Nigel on the Muppet Show in one segment: "Sax and Violence," with Zoot. He was voiced by John Lovelady in a separate Season 1 show (Kay Ballard). When he showed up in season three with his whistle solo with Floyd (on upright (!) bass), he did not speak. So, no one would remember what he sounded like, regardless. I, too, wanted to see Nigel in the pit.

Interesting to see Crazy Harry in the background. I couldn't help but wonder if his presence was merely a tie-in with the Pallisades figure. If that was the case, they should have at least let him blow something up!

David
www.allhandsprodcutions.com

beaker

Reaction score
Ack, that unsettling snowman looked more akin to Creature Shop's ill fated Jack Frost than that neat looking Snowman from MFC.

As for seeing near forgotten Muppet characters back...even if he didnt have a speaking role, it was great to see Crazy Harry back, along with Swedish Chef, the Bossmen, Pops, etc.

I dont think they'll be bringing back TMS Nigel nor MT Nigel anytime soon. Not sure if Nigel was even liked during TMS times.

Finally, hate to bring this up but I cannot see any reason people continue to say they dislike Clifford. Ever since his debut on JHH he has been one of my faves, and has a really fresh since of style to him. Ethnic based characters are pretty rare in the Muppet universe as far as non Sesame is concerned, and I hope they use him again in the upcoming show.