1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Very Rare Beaker

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by kmcphoto, Jul 30, 2002.

1. kmcphoto

kmcphoto New Member

I just recieved the totally invisible Beaker from a sale through ebay. Probably spent alittle to much, but what the **** it is worth it. I heard they only made 350, is this true?
  2. Michael Crawford

Michael Crawford New Member

Sorta true...

They made closer to 500, but two cases 'disappeared' thanks to UPS. Only 350 made it to the party.

Michael
    MWC
  3. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

I didnt know that Michale!
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

LOL - so all the stolen ones are probably turning up on Ebay ?
  5. grail

grail New Member

that's because it's not common knowledge...because these things WEREN'T FOR SALE!! now i'm not saying that i wouldn't love to have one because that would be lying. but the fact that they showed up on ebay at all just makes me angry. they weren't made for general sale.
  6. Jimbo504

Jimbo504 New Member

hey guys, maybe ken and mike stole the two boxes for us club members. hehehe
  7. Satcapricorn

Satcapricorn New Member

8. Michael Crawford

No way of knowing...

There's no way of knowing what happened to those two cases, so I wouldn't go assuming they ended up on ebay.

Also, there were plenty of people at that party who probably weren't too concerned about their Beaker, so I'm not surprised they ended up on ebay. That and the fact that many of the people at that party were larger dealers...

Michael
    MWC
  9. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Wow that's a lot of green. Wish you hadn't paid so much for it...
  10. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Re: No way of knowing...

Plus, remember that one dude claimed they were all *drunk*, LOL! Or was that you? Anyway, although it may not have been true, I thought it was a funny way to sell a product on eBay.
  11. Michael Crawford

Heheheheheh...

No, I wasn't drunk, although with an open bar and a Saturday night, I might have been had I not had a four hour drive in front of me. ;-)

Michael
    MWC
    Ah, but there's no driving for me in SDCC!
  12. LGH1

LGH1 New Member

Re: Re: No way of knowing...

I assume you are reffering to my post, as i am the seller of the loose one a week back. You also misquoted me on that thread.
    I never said any one was drunk, I said he was playing with it and left it behind.
    I see from your profile you are a teacher, as such I would expect you to have better reading/comprehension skills.
  13. Michael Crawford

Not you

No, he's not refering to you - there have been hundreds of auctions for the invisible beakers. And yes, one of those auctions, in it's description, said everybody was drunk at the party.

Michael
    MWC
  14. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Oh give me a break!

No, you didn't *say* they were all drunk, but you certainly implied that there *were* drunken people at the convention...

Why so snippy? Maybe you overstated things a tad in your auction text in order to convince folks to snatch up your item... hmm? Gee, seems my reading/comprehension skills are in tact after all.

:D
  15. LGH1

LGH1 New Member

Re: Oh give me a break!

OK, I see the problem, I am the Dude who ran the auction, but those are not my words. I do not know whose they are, perhaps if you look at where you got them from, the mystery will be solved.
    And all I said in my description is that it was a give-away at the party.
  16. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

*sigh*

Is this, or is this not your auction? Because I "got my words" directly from eBay... so if you are this "dude", then the mystery really is solved.

If not, why are you so upset?

:confused:
  17. LGH1

LGH1 New Member

Nope. I was selling a different one, that was being discussed in a different thread, and in that thread you were also thinking of this auction. So the mystery is indeed solved. Sorry for any misunderstanding, and making you feel so *sigh* put upon
  18. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Well in that other thread, there were two links posted... yours, and this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749888740. How was I to know which "dude" you are?

Anyway, I don't know why you minded so much (as to insult me even)... I thought it was funny! I just loved that mental image of drunken con-goers dipping their Invisible Beakers in their soup and such. Haha!
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

It may well be the tube of vanishing cream that got all the attention at the drunken party - just think what dirty things you could do with that !
  20. Satcapricorn

Satcapricorn New Member

Be nice, children...:D