Very Short Story: Happiness Comes in Countable Packages

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Raining, sleet, hail. Usually...that's a horrible day to most. But to the two standing in the castle's parlor, that made a wonderful day to them. They sat on the lavish maroon couch, cuddling. They were counting the pictures on the wall, happily counting one after the other.

"That's....8, 8 pictures, ah ha ha!" A clap of thunder was heard, then the flash of lighting outside of the castle. "8 vonderful pictures!"

"Let us make it 9 pictures, dahling." The woman said, handing The Count a large wrapped gift.

"9 pictures, you say?" He unwrapped it carefully, and he smiled, looking over at her. It was a large portrait, beautifully oil painted of him and her together, with lighting streaking across the top of it above them. He smiled, then walked over and placed it on the wall beside the other portraits of his family. He walked back, and was about to start to count them once more, but he patted her shoulder gently. "You go ahead, Dahling. I love to hear you count them...it is so beautiful."

"Certainly...1 georgous picture hanging on the wall, 2 beautiful pictures, 3 lovely portraits, and 4, 4 pictures! 5 handsome mugs, I like yours the best Count, 6 works of art of family gone by, 7, 7 glorious pictures! 8 pictures! 9, wonderful, handsome portraits!" Countness Von Dahling took The Count's hands, and they proceeded to dance a little, humming to music unheard by anyone else.

The sun started to peek out from the clouds, and a few sunbeams shone throughout the castle's parlor, and Count smiled. He gave her a peck on the cheek, and they started out of the castle, to go to town.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well done Sara. Very beautiful. I bet the Count will be pleased when he sees the short story you've written about him metaphorically speaking

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Just was listening to Batty Bat, and then remembering Countess Von Dahling, and that idea just popped into my head. Like it's titled though, it's a super short story...I don't intend to expand on it. I'll probably be doing one-shots like this for awhile, while I'm working on teh book. So many different ideas rumbling around in my head, and I just have to get them down.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That's great; I love little short, surprise one-shots like that! Are you planning to put it in the Sesame Street section of Fanfiction.net?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure! I guess so. I need to also update the 5th story. To tell the truth...sometimes I forget about Fanfiction.net. XD

Thanks for the comments!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well I can tell you for the record, I was certainly surprised to see you there! I think you should; the site needs all the help it can get IMHO!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
A collection of un related short stories about Henson characters sounds like an excellent idea Sara. It'll give you something to practice your writing skills with when the Eli Takashi saga is finally complete and you need to look for fresh material

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Sorry for my delay in reading this. I like it! Nice and short and sweet well written. Reminds me of a Dove dark chocolate miniature, although that may have something to do with the fact that I'm looking at a basket of them. :halo: I applaud!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Strolling in late at night... Oh ho, what's this? A nice little short story by Sara? And it's got my namesake and Countess Dahling van Dahling too...
Rully nice little vignet...

Hey Sara... Did I tell you that I like your stories yet?
OK, while she's not looking... Get her!
*Count, Uncle Deadly, and me all tackle hug Sara at the same time.
Thanks Sara... Have a good night.
UD: Pleasant screams.
Count: And don't let the batty bats bite.