VH1 200 Pop Icons - Kermit and Piggy #60

Deadwall

Reaction score
I couldn't find a current discussion about this topic, so I thought I'd start one.

VH1 just did the 200 greatest pop icons of all time and Kermit and Piggy were #60, beating out big names like Robin Williams, Jack Nicolson, and more!

Other winners in the 200 greatest were Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Spiderman, Superman, Batman... but what disturbed me the most is no mention of Seasame Street! Where was big bird or bert an ernie? I guess I would have even been happy with even an Elmo mention (I can't believe I just said that...)

Most of us grew up with SS, and all the world recognizes the characters. I can't think of better pop icons.

What do you think?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
While I'm glad Kermit and Piggy made the list, I wish there was better commentary on them. I kind of wish it was just Kermit so maybe the celebrities would talk affectionately about the songs, SS, TMS, etc. just liked theysaid good things about the other fictional characters.

Well, it's the thought that counts. And you're right, Big Bird should've been on there. Hey, but at least Barney wasn't there. :eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They didn't really talk about Jim Henson and that disturbed me, but I enjoyed the clips. :smile:

Deadwall

Reaction score
No Mention of Henson

frogboy4 said:
They didn't really talk about Jim Henson and that disturbed me, but I enjoyed the clips. :smile:

Yes, that was disturbing. I think they were focusing more on the characters than the people behind them. The one thing that I really did enjoy about the show though... they used multiple clips for other pop icons that involved the muppets.

Katie Couric, for example, had two instances where she was speaking with Piggy. There were other ones with Kermit, or where the celebrity was "spoofed" in the form of a muppet (i.e. - Spamala Anderson on Muppets Tonight).

So, with that all said... the muppets had quite a presence during the entire broadcast of this show.

Yeah!

Drtooth

Reaction score
PHYEWWW!!!! WOW!!!! What a relif!!!! And all this time I thought they'd nix the Muppets all together for some lameo pop stars...

Way to go Pig und Froggy!!! :mad: :smile: