Video: "1D Day" with One Direction, The Muppets and more Saturday November 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One Direction is celebrating their latest release (Midnight Memories) with "1D Day", a seven-hour live stream beginning Saturday at 1 pm central, 2pm eastern US time. Guests appearing include The Muppets, Robbie Williams, Celine Dion and Simon Cowell.

Watch the live stream here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated appearance.

If you are watching this appearance, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was going to watch this, but then I realized I hate One direction, and the thing was going to last 7 hours!!!!!! Was that if for the appearance? If so I am glad I did not watch it just for that!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd rather stab my eyes out then see The Muppets get forced to perform with that line up of no-talent fads.
I refer to what Sgt Floyd said in the original thread.

Its one thing to hold something to a standard, it's another thing to whine and cry and complain over a poster and act like its the end of the world.

I try to keep my opinions to myself because god forbid I defend a shoddy looking poster and say its not a big deal, or question why people are complaining that they are getting two movies for the price of one. I don't get why the MTI/GMC combo pack is so offensive and revolting yet all I see in that thread is complain complain complain.

And with the Lady Gaga special. Again, all I see are complaints about it. Some people aren't but the majority are. We haven't even seen the special and people are acting likes its the end of the world because god forbid a muppet fan (Lady Gaga) wants to work with the muppets and you personally don't like them.
I hate One Direction. I hate their music, I hate the whole drippy tweeny bopper fan base crap like that gets, and I've hated these things since New Kids on the Block. BUT the Muppets are branching out to other fanbases out there, and if we want to see any more movies after MMW they had better work with popular fad acts. I'm not going to list a while bunch of long forgotten nobodies who were on the Muppet Show (Jaye P Morgan. When I hear Jaye P Morgan, I think of the robber baron) or go into detail about Rob Schnieder (the WORST person to ever work with the Muppets Hands DOWN)... the Muppets have always worked with celebrities, and they weren't all gold medal.

Yet, I remember when we were all eager to see the Muppets on anything and we sat down to see absolute turds like the Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey crapfest in 2004... and we were thankful to get it. We rushed out to buy Uno card sets where the Chef was holding most of a whisk. How did we get to be the Sonic/Transformers fanbase where everything is awful? I'm in complete agreement with the Sarge, here... stop acting like everything's the end of the world. At least we're getting another theatrical movie instead of just 5 minutes of crappy variety special appearances.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I refer to what Sgt Floyd said in the original thread.

I hate One Direction. I hate their music, I hate the whole drippy tweeny bopper fan base crap like that gets, and I've hated these things since New Kids on the Block. BUT the Muppets are branching out to other fanbases out there, and if we want to see any more movies after MMW they had better work with popular fad acts. I'm not going to list a while bunch of long forgotten nobodies who were on the Muppet Show (Jaye P Morgan. When I hear Jaye P Morgan, I think of the robber baron) or go into detail about Rob Schnieder (the WORST person to ever work with the Muppets Hands DOWN)... the Muppets have always worked with celebrities, and they weren't all gold medal.

Yet, I remember when we were all eager to see the Muppets on anything and we sat down to see absolute turds like the Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey crapfest in 2004... and we were thankful to get it. We rushed out to buy Uno card sets where the Chef was holding most of a whisk. How did we get to be the Sonic/Transformers fanbase where everything is awful? I'm in complete agreement with the Sarge, here... stop acting like everything's the end of the world. At least we're getting another theatrical movie instead of just 5 minutes of crappy variety special appearances.
The thing of it is, the Muppets have become tools in these scenarios now; as I said in the other thread, which was closed and then this thread was started for some reason, it's the same thing year after year: the current hottest artist gets his/her/their own concert special, other currently relevent artists serve as guest performers, and, oh yeah, let's throw the Muppets in there too. The Muppets can branch out into other fanbases, but why does it always have to be through flavor-of-the-month music artists? Miley Cyrus, Andrea Boccelli, Michael Buble, CeeLo Green, Lady Gaga, One Direction... let's mix things up a bit, how about giving the Muppets guest appearances on other popular shows, like when they appeared on AFV or EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION... or even THE COSBY SHOW? Or hey, quit being fuddy-duddies, and actually put older Muppet projects out there! Put TMS or MT on the American Disney Channel (they did in the U.K., so why not here?), start running Muppet movies on cable more often, etc.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree with both of these posts, and I say it is high time that the Muppets have there own show of some kind. Sure they can have the hot fads of the day, but let the Muppets take center stage.
I think the reason that has not happened yet is because of the 2011 movie. That movie was really a Jason Segal movie with Muppets in it. I think with Muppets Most Wanted it will be a Muppet movie with some big, and not so big named stars in it. This movie is key for the further success of the Muppets. to see if they can make this movie a hit without riding on the back of Jason Segal.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Probably because they feel like the 'flavor of the month' people are popular enough to bring attention to the muppets. Like, hey kids, the muppets are cool enough to hang with your favorite pop stars so they are cool enough for you!

Now, I'll agree they need to be a bit more daring but right now they are trying to play it safe. Are they doing a good job? Meh. But they are still trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.