1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: 80's Sesame Street Music Mashup Parodies

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by LittleJerry92, Jul 27, 2017.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

At a recent event in Steel City Comic Con, Caroll explained why he no longer puppeteers. He now has dystonia. His left arm doesn't work anymore and it affects his whole body and his balance. He now needs a cane to steady himself. The only web videos that Caroll did voices for after 2014 are these two videos for the Sesame Street in Communities website: https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/topics/language/, https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/topics/routines/

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Seeing him with a cane makes me sad. The MOMI screening of his documentary was really my first snap of reality that he's getting old; his speech was sluggish.

Pig's Laundry and LittleJerry92 like this.
  3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Poor guy. To live the remainder of your life with a non-functioning body part. :(

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to the guy who played Floyd the Barber on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, he too lost use of his left arm.

Is it affecting the rest of his body so much that, say, he may not be able to sign anything for me at the Fanboy Expo in October? I was thinking about bringing my copy of his memoir to sign (definitely taking my 40 years book for everybody else to sign as well).

5. antsamthompson9

I think his wife Debi would hold things in place for him to sign.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No doubts she'd be there with him. I'd probably ask her to sign as well since she and Caroll complete each other so much.

7. antsamthompson9

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Where's the actual music in the songs?

9. antsamthompson9

They used the actual music for Footloose, Karma Chameleon, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Come On Elieen, Super Freak, Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go, Take on Me, Don't Stop Believing, and Never Gonna Give You Up.

10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Thank you for the answer.