Video Buddy system

Danie and Lemmy

Reaction score
Right now I'm trying to gather together the highest-quality copy of each Muppet Babies episode with the intent of putting together my own personal DVD set, and I can see that during the late 90s 3 episodes were released on something called the "Video Buddy System". Here is a link to an ebay auction for one such tape:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Video-Buddy-Mup...-VHS-/360204537684?pt=VHS&hash=item53dddd0f54

My question is,does anyone know if will these tapes will play in a regular VCR like a normal tape when I don't have the Video Buddy system hooked up?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've got some of those Video Buddy Muppet Babies VHS tapes and yes, they do play in a VCR without the Video Buddy system. However- be prepared to have a circle on the right hand bottom corner of your TV screen where you're supposed to hook up the Video Buddy suction device. And the Muppet Babies episodes also stop every so often to ask the kids trivia questions as a game.
Nonetheless, it's about the only way to view some of the Muppet Babies episodes, so I think it's still worth having just to be able to see the episodes in some fashion.