1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands 2016

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Drtooth, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Electric Mayhem and Major Lazer?! I'd be all over that. Great to see that the band can promote and even guest at a music festival. Zoot's strangely absent.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That's awesome, I can't believe they haven't performed live more often. Maybe they'll do it more often after this.

Stephanie Evjen likes this.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Love the video! I do feel like the festival's lineup was kind of picked out of a hat. Radiohead and Lionel Richie? Lana Del Ray and Vince Staples? Guess they're trying to get everyone there, lol.

4. SnakeLipsXD

SnakeLipsXD Active Member

Lol, I agree! XD
    And as for Zoot (and Lips) - maybe they're off on their own doing another awesome video for us! XD

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  5. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

That's sure to be a fun event. Wonder if they'll play to prerecorded music or the performers will be there live singing. Wonder if we'll get an Electric Mayhem LIVE album out of this as well. Ooh....

LeahXZoot4Evur and SnakeLipsXD like this.
  6. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Huh. Wonder where Zoot and Lips were? I was expecting them to come in at the end of the video

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  7. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Get pumped and groovy.

8. I know, right?! I wish I could go to that concert! If not, I hope to see 'em someday. Anything for the Electric Mayhem, fer shur!

:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  9. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

I am guessing Dave and Steve weren't available for the filming.

LeahXZoot4Evur and SnakeLipsXD like this.
  10. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

The Mayhem have a solid gig again, they're probably looking for pay as Up Late With Miss Piggy is done right now.

SnakeLipsXD and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  11. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

In the past they have always pre-recorded the singing as the puppetry is pretty physically taxing in and of itself. Dialogue they usually do live. In the documentary Of Muppets and Men there is some great footage of the group recording the singing of In the Navy and then later footage of them doing the staging with the track playing.

SnakeLipsXD and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  12. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

13. Dodo

Dodo Member

Oh good, an awesome thing you can only watch if you're in the US. TwoHeadedLlama, if you do make a recording, please show it to me :)

14. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

Awesome. The EM doing live gigs seems like a great thing for them to do more often.

MikaelaMuppet and SnakeLipsXD like this.
  15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

No Zoot? Bummer!

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  17. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Is the Outside Lands website going to be viewable for international viewing? If not, which method will?

18. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

19. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This thread will remain open until the concert starts in about an hour.

20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.