1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Flowers on the Wall with Bunsen and Beaker

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Watch the Muppets latest music video and discover what Beaker does in his off time.

If you enjoyed this video, please like this post and share your comments below.

2. TheOrangeBird

TheOrangeBird Well-Known Member

This video was amazing! I hope we get to see more things like this in The Muppets. It's very interesting to see what happens when Beaker goes home. :eek:

By the way, where have I seen the door at 0:31 seconds in? It looks familiar. Muppet*Vision 3D maybe?

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

After listening to this surprise release, I knew the song instantly. Did a bit of searching and here are some interesting facts. The song is sung by a group of rats called The Ratler Brothers as a parody of The Statler Brothers (no relation to the Muppets' constant heckler) who originally recorded the song in 1965.

If you know this song, then something didn't click when watching the video. That's because this being the Muppets they changed a few lines. "Watching instagrams and playing tons of sudaku", "catching up on all the things I've been meaning to do", and "mixing combustible chemicals the whole night through" are new lines; the original line is supposed to be "smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo".

Fun video and this totally made my day feel better.

Duke Remington and Phillip like this.
  4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I got to see this at DragonCon.

5. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

Me too--what a day, right?!

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Yes. It would have been better if they let me take a picture with Steve and Kermit.

AndyWan Kenobi likes this.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Probably their best video since "Bohemian Rhapsody." I loved everything about it.

8. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

What I loved about this video was the fact that it depicted exactly what Steve was talking about in his MuppetCast interview. Beaker goes home to his little apartment after work every night and is always alone due to not being able to speak to anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve came up with the entire thing.

Edit: I was just snooping around the ToughPigs forum and someone who was at Dragon Con said it actually was Steve's idea. So there you go.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

How were the 2 panels with Steve? Is there a thread for dragon con?

10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er, there's the Dragon*Con 2015 thread in the Henson People section. :eek:

11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It really goes to show that Beaker and Bunsen need each other. Like that episode of Muppets Tonight where Beaker goes on the Star Trek cruise and Bunsen becomes depressed without him. That segment in this video where he has a fake Bunsen seals it. Seriously. I don't get the Ernie and Bert...eh... meme because Bunsen and Beaker drop not so subtle hints, especially lately.

But great video. Glad to see they're doing more of these.

LabyrinthLani and Duke Remington like this.
  12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I don't think Beaker's going to be able to get his security deposit back, lol. Good video.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

This shows Steve Whitmire's wonderful talents beautifully. The way he has taken Beaker a one dimensional character and gives him depth is amazing. I really think Richard Hunt would be very proud.

14. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Got 2 see it! LOL love this one! Great humor and story of :eek: after work. Country-singing rats, dynamite balloon, nice animation for the wall flowers, and an explosive finale (classic!)--Also, I can relate to Beaker. I'm doing experimental animation for our small 3-Point group, but my Mom fears I'm wasting my time, "nothing to do", having no 'real' job yet. :sigh:

Duke Remington likes this.
  15. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

A lot of work went into this video. It's so well done (and so was Beaker at the end)! Thanks for sharing.

LabyrinthLani likes this.
  16. Hugsy

Hugsy New Member

Just what I thought too. I love it when they make these music videos. I wish they would make more for different genres.

17. LabyrinthLani

LabyrinthLani New Member

This is actually kind of depressing.

Though I still enjoyed it.
    Beaker feels lonely and utterly-bored without Honeydew?
    Ouch. :eek:

18. LabyrinthLani

LabyrinthLani New Member

"Ernie and Bert...eh...meme?"

What meme?