Video games on Muppet Babies

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Let's make a list of all of the video games that were parodied, refferenced, or even seen in a clip in the Muppet Babies episode It's only pretendo.

Here's what I remember:

Clips-

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr

Parodies-

Donkey Kong
Frogger (I think that's what was parodied as the game Kermit played)
that running game that later came with Nintendo and required a running pad (I keep forgeting the name of that game, as I only have Nintendo with Super Mario brothers and Duck Hunt, though I think I've read that the pad could be used for other games)

refferences-

Super Mario Bros. (as Gonzo looks through the games in his closet, he mentions some games with titles similar to Super mario bros.)

What else?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
that running game that later came with Nintendo and required a running pad (I keep forgeting the name of that game, as I only have Nintendo with Super Mario brothers and Duck Hunt, though I think I've read that the pad could be used for other games)...
I think that's Track and Field. Could be wrong, tho. Never played it meself.

BJ

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
sorry if i offended some1, but i dunno as well and want someone with more of a knowledge of those games to come forward and help us!

BJ

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss was right. That game certainly was called "Track and Field". And don't forget the great follow-up game- "Track and Field II"!:smile:

And yes, to play both these games, you needed one of these-http://www.bluerosevideogames.com/prodimages/nes028.jpg

The Nintendo Power Pad!!! Awesome!:crazy:
(You can also buy one here- along with a Nintendo Entertainment System and all the other tons of cool accessories- http://www.bluerosevideogames.com/nintendones.asp)

I don't remember any other video game references as it's been forever since I've seen that episode of Muppet Babies!

But I can say that I remember playing "Track and Field" on Nintendo on the Power Pad at a friend's house and that was awesome! You actually run on the pads and it corresponds to the game! How cool is that! I'm not sure of too many other games that it was used for. There may have been some Olympics games or something. I know there was actually an Aerobics game for Nintendo! :smile: (Which I thought was really funny at first- but I guess it makes sense if you're using the Power Pad- otherwise, who in the world is going to want to hit the A and B button to make senior citizens do jumping jacks?
K-Mart had this game for sale for the longest time- I remember it being on sale throughout the late 90s until they finally cleared out their Nintendo games.

Xerus

Reaction score
I also remember in that episode, Gonzo also played, The Legend of Imelda, which was supposed to be a spoof of Zelda.

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
erniebert1234ss was right. That game certainly was called "Track and Field". And don't forget the great follow-up game- "Track and Field II"!:smile:

And yes, to play both these games, you needed one of these-http://www.bluerosevideogames.com/prodimages/nes028.jpg

The Nintendo Power Pad!!! Awesome!:crazy:
(You can also buy one here- along with a Nintendo Entertainment System and all the other tons of cool accessories- http://www.bluerosevideogames.com/nintendones.asp)

I don't remember any other video game references as it's been forever since I've seen that episode of Muppet Babies!

But I can say that I remember playing "Track and Field" on Nintendo on the Power Pad at a friend's house and that was awesome! You actually run on the pads and it corresponds to the game! How cool is that! I'm not sure of too many other games that it was used for. There may have been some Olympics games or something. I know there was actually an Aerobics game for Nintendo! :smile: (Which I thought was really funny at first- but I guess it makes sense if you're using the Power Pad- otherwise, who in the world is going to want to hit the A and B button to make senior citizens do jumping jacks?
K-Mart had this game for sale for the longest time- I remember it being on sale throughout the late 90s until they finally cleared out their Nintendo games.
what does it mean when it is talking about the nes systm it is garenteed (sorry for mispelling) to work for 30 days?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm not positive about the 30 day guarantee thing. Try emailing the company for a better explanation. As far as I can tell, it's referring to the fact that the Nintendo they have may or may not have a new good part needed for it to work, and if it does have a new one they can guarantee for sure that it'll work 30 days. Like I said, I don't understand it either. Email the company and ask them.:confused:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Hey Gonzoleaper...

THANK YOU! I haven't seen that episode, but I remember that controller somehow...

BJ

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't seen this one for quite some time, and I only think I've seen it once and never again.

I do recal them making a refference to Skate or Die, an obscure NES game as Skate or Doom.

I also recall they mixed Donkey Kong with SMB, because Kermit was fighting "Koopa Kabana" (which seems like a perfect moniker for King Koopa during the Super Mario Bros Super show, when he kept on taking different pop culture personalities.)