Video: Kermit and Piggy Hollywood Bowl Interview for the LA Times

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Matt still sounds like he's working on the voice and I think it is starting to improve a little. Meanwhile Miss Piggy's comments I found to be hilarious. :big_grin:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
While I'm finally adjusting to the voice, I realise that's not the most important aspect of the character. The voice is fine, but the characterisation needs to improve drastically over time for me to be even the slightest bit impressed.

In the interviews that have come out today, it didn't help that the journalists had absolutely no idea how to talk to Muppets, so Matt and Eric already had that working against them, but they themselves were having issues. It's clear that they have a lot of work to do with the chemistry between Kermit and Piggy. Eric is clearly trying to keep things from getting awkward by keeping the interview going, but between the journalist asking stupid questions and Matt being so hesitant about his answers, they barely kept it together. The end result was Piggy being even more narcissistic then usual, awkward pauses and Kermit showing all the personality of a brick.

This isn't me bashing anyone, I'm simply recognising that there is a heck of a lot of work to do in the future. Eric and Matt are more than capable of making it work, and with time, I'd like to think they will hit their stride as a duo.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, the journalist seemed like he's never really worked with puppets before, that was something I noticed myself.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me..but is Miss Piggy much more meaner here?

It especially shows in other videos.

I'm fine with Matt's performance as Kermit, but I just don't like Piggy being rude to him in these interviews.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Piggy's character can be a bit inconsistent I noticed.

Maybe she's just bipolar.