1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Kermit on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Monday February 1, 2016

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Linx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Linx

Linx New Member

Kermit was on the Late Show With Stephen Colbert last night and they tried answer lifes biggest questions like regrets and free will.

ShMuppetgal96, Phillip and 1000 Eyes like this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Poor Steve he must be tired by now.

3. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I've been watching The Late Show regularly since Colbert took it over so I was delighted that Kermit got a "Big Questions With Even Bigger Stars" segment. Mrs. Otter and I laughed our heads off through the whole thing.

Bravo Kermit The Frog and Stephen The Human!

4. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I wish more Muppet appearances were as enjoyable as this one. It was pleasantly simple and funny!

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That was actually the funniest Muppet appearance i've seen in a long time.:)

6. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

It is a delight when you see a performer who has an appreciation and perhaps a love of the Muppets along side them. Also a performer who is comfortable with performing with the Muppets. I know it is a very technical process so to make it look natural really does involve a lot from the human costar. I am sure some/much (?) of their conversation was scripted, but I also like that there are one or two times where Colbert needs to hold it together. If I were ever placed in the situation of appearing opposite the Muppets I fear I would be closer to Bernadette Peters who had to be told repeatedly to stop kissing Robin the Frog. The reason? Her lipstick was staining the puppet. Her response? Wiping the lipstick off her face and saying (a paraphrase here) There is no way I am not kissing this adorable frog after the song.

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Some of the jokes in it actually reminded me of a Muppet Show sketch.