1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: Matt Vogel premieres as Kermit in Muppet Thought of the Week

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

See the first public appearance of Kermit the Frog by Matt Vogel and let us know your thoughts.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

FINALLY!! :excited::excited::excited: I want to watch it but i'm scared.

3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

It's not the Kermit I grew up on, but seeing this I think Matt Vogel will grow into Kermit.

pjtoadie likes this.
  4. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

It'll definitely take some getting used to.

Definitely sounds too much like Constantine though.

MikaelaMuppet and pjtoadie like this.
  5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Yeah, in this it sounds like a mix between Robin and Constantine if Constantine had perfected his Kermit impression.

I'm going to have to see another video to see if it's improved before I make a solid judgement. At least the puppetry was solid.

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Hooray! Now I don't have to go out of my way to get to the Hollywood Bowl to hear Matt as :). As for my thoughts on the voice, yes, it didn't sound like Steve there, but I don't hear too much of Constantine in the voice. Sounds a bit more like Jim's Kermit than Steve's, but overall not too bad. Pretty good actually. Like someone said, may take some getting used to, but I can see Matt improving with time.

I know what you mean. He really didn't say too much in that one, but hopefully that's a sign we'll see more of Matt's Kermit in the future.

7. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

It's really too bad that he performed Constantine before this, because now, we will always "hear Constantine" in his Kermit. It's not bad, but definitely a shock to the senses.

In a more critical sense, it sounds very nasally and forced at the beginning. By the time he says "My mistake, it's this way", it actually sounds pretty darn good.

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's like, what, 14 seconds of him actually talking? Not a lot to go on.

But, we'll see. I'm not "Wow, he's perfect!" But, we'll see...

pjtoadie and JimAndFrank like this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Just watched the video and actually think it's really good. I mean, the voice isn't great but it's not bad. Also, he has similar speaking patterns to Matt's other characters, so that's interesting, but overall, everything else was really good. It kind of sounds like both Steve and Jim's Kermits. The main problem is just that his voice needs to be just slightly higher (especially if he wants to sing well), but let's be honest, this video was probably filmed months ago, Matt's probably already improved since then (don't forget, they have been rehearsing for The Hollywood Bowl for a while now).

Really, i'm just happy we have Kermit back after all these months.

10. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

The way I look at it, it seems that when Steve first took over, he tried very hard to mimic Jim, and it just felt unnatural. Over time, Kermit's voice changed into a higher pitched voice (closer to Steve's speaking tone), and we got used to it. I feel like the same thing will happen with Matt's Kermit. He will soon begin to get more comfortable with the role, and give Kermit some new life. Best of luck to him :)

11. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Meh, not a big fan of the voice so far.

I'm sure he'll get better but we'll see.

12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, after Steve's appeared in the recent interviews in the news, I hear a bit of :) in his real voice, so it seems like his Kermit was a combination of his own voice and Jim's Kermit.

13. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

It'sssssssss....

oKAYYYY.

I need more.

I wish Matt all the luck in the world.

14. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

The little sigh at the end of this had me like *insert heart eyes* That's Kermit, regardless of who is playing him; I think Matt did a wonderful job and yes, it's not quite Jim and not quite Steve but, it's certainly not bad. I've got mad love for the guy keeping my favorite frog alive.

15. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Well I do think it is good but will improve over time

16. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

It's not too bad. It will take some getting used to for sure, but it's nice that we all finally get to hear Matt as Kermit, albeit for just a really quick video.

Still wish him the best of luck.

17. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Honestly it really wasn't that bad, and I grew up on Steves Kermit first then slowly as I got older found Jims Kermit. That chuckle at the end defiently sounded like Kermit and so did the last line of the video. I'm glad they released it as we were gonna have to hear it eventually! Anyway best of luck to Matt and I'm sure he will improve!

18. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Not bad! It's not the best, but I think he'll get better with the voice as time goes on, just like all performers before him did, even Jim and Steve.

Props to Matt, he did a good job for his first time as Kermit!

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.
  19. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

It's not too bad. Like everybody said, it takes time to get used too with Matt's role as Kermit. I hope he succeeds well, and hopefully we see some new projects for the muppets.

20. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Finally, it's about time!! So, what's my opinion on Matt's Kermit voice?

Well... he actually sounds good, IMO. Not perfect, but not terrible, either. But like everyone else is saying, it is gonna take some time to get used to.

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.