1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official Teaser Trailer On-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 6, 2013.

1. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

No...please....for the love of god....no more Animal.

2. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

Toughpigs just updated their article which now includes pictures of new Muppet beanies. Is it just me in my excitement or are these actually quite excellent... Animal looks amazing as does Gonzo

http://www.toughpigs.com/muppets-most-wanted-d23/

Mister Muppet and muppetlover123 like this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I have the Kermit one, my kids love it. Every time we watch The Muppet Show Season Two one of them holds Kermit, and then fight over who gets to hold him next. He even ended up in a seat in our van when we moved from Tennessee to Florida.

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  4. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Now I am looking through that link, you're right. Gonzo looks great!

He has been my favorite Muppe tand will be always be.

[​IMG]

Gonzo... he looks great in that tuxedo.

What else? Oh yeah, Rowlf's my favorite, because I adore dogs.

Honestly, choosing my favorite Muppet is harder than I thought.

I cannot wait for this movie to come out in March 2014. If my parents don't see it, then I will see it.

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

It looks like they reshaped Gozo's head and or mouth. Because in The Muppets he looked kind of off. Here he looks more like he did in the 80,s .

6. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

You know what? Out of the thousands of cameos they've got going, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't use the opportunity to get Daniel Radcliffe. He would've said yes in a heart beat and he even said he'd love to work with them on an interview.....

I could just imagine the conversation between him and Beaker.....Priceless....

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Between that Animal and that Gonzo... unless these are prototypes that won't look as good as they do when mass produced, we NO LONGER can complain about these plush toys looking "terrible" compared to older ones.

This is... without a doubt... the BEST Gonzo I've ever seen. And Animal is even better than the TM plush back in 2011.

Muppetboy09 and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

This is a great one! I've seen even better ones though. Toys R Us had a really good looking Gonzo! The color of his nose was off, (I think it was pink instead of purple) but otherwise, looked exactly like the current Gonzo from The Muppets.

9. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Wow! Those are AMAZING plush. Heck, probably the best I've seen in years. Best Gonzo since the Eden line in the mid-90's, and probably the best Animal...ever.

The real challenge, however, will be Miss Piggy and Fozzie. They seem to be the most problematic for most toymakers.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The Animal looks really good, actually. The Gonzo one's not too bad, but that nose is huge, like the current puppet.

11. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

I agree Galagr! The 2011 Miss Piggy plush doesn't look quite right and even though I didn't own it the Fozzie one looked kinda odd

12. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Houston, we have a problem! The movie doesn't debut in Australia until April 3rd....Crap not only is that my brothers birthday, but I'll have to avoid MC until I see it for myself...

Well that's a downer! I was hoping I could join the hype in March!

13. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

Well that stinks! I think I'll be in New York when it comes out so maybe I'll be able to see it there

JimAndFrank likes this.
  14. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Well, that's annoying, isn't it? At least it's not a huge delay between release dates. If memory serves, some of the worldwide releases for The Muppets were months after the initial US date. There was a a pretty huge delay in some parts of the world for that one. At least this is just a couple of weeks.

15. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Y'know, among all this excitement, I've forgotten about one key aspect to this movie.

How the heck does Annie Sue fit into this?

16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Very carefully.

But seriously, I have the feeling that she'll only have a small cameo. But hey, there's no telling yet. After all, this is only a teaser trailer.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  17. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Y'see, I was thinking that. But why would they go through the trouble of actually getting Louise Gold back to perform Annie Sue if she was just going to have a cameo or maybe a line or two?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  18. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Wow! The Animal plush looks like a MR Replica stuffed with softness, and the gonzo looks just like he currently does in the movies, rather than the classic Gonzo that they always use as reference

I'm hoping there are some more awesome Beanies in store for us!!!

19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The behind the scenes footage reveals that Louise performed Rowlf for a scene. They probably needed extra puppeteers in England, and she was one of them. From there, they may have just decided "what the heck? Let's throw Annie Sue in".

20. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

The Animal and Gonzo beanies look Brilliant the Animal is probably the best Animal plush I've seen and that Gonzo is Awesome :)