1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: New Lipton Tea Ad with Kermit, Piggy and Animal

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Duke Remington, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That was awesome.

3. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Kermit's shrug at the end killed me! Man I hope this airs in Australia....

4. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

Oh lordy, lol.

5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

What a lovely little commercial loved seeing baby Animal in there as well. Well done Disney.

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There is no other way to put it! :halo:

And really... they used BABY ANIMAL! Nice touch.

7. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Awesome Nice Advert, My Favourite Animal's were The Baby Animal and The Old Man Animal :halo:

8. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

These commercials are getting BETTER AND BETTER!!! (And FUNNIER AND FUNNIER too!!!) Great concept, great execution, great humor.

Maybe I'm getting too excited about it but I have the feeling that Jim Henson would have loved this ad (and probably have created one just like it) simply for its New York touch.

Excellent puppetry in this commercial, too. A few of these scenes had a "how'd they do that" quality that has been popping up more and more in the latest Muppet ads and productions. Looking forward to seeing that continue in MMW.

And, if this commercial accomplished nothing else - hasn't it been a great run of pre-movie publicity? It seems like every new ad or clip seems to top the last one...and we've still got over three weeks to go!!!

9. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

D'awww, such a cute and funny ad! I love the concept of a world of Animals here. :)

10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Holy crud, that was weird. And strange. And odd. And...whoa.

Whoa.

Baby Animal? This may be the first allusion Disney has made to Muppet Babies (with the exception of Walter's lunch box). Baby animal. Yeah.

"YOU FINALLY DID IT! YOU DARN DIRTY ANIMALS!!"

11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

:halo: That commercial was indeed fun.

I'm already a Lipton Iced Tea drinker, so long as the commercial makes sense I'm okay.
    Loved that they used BJ Thomas song Everybody's Talking At Me.
    The entire NYC World of Animals concept was funny... But where/when did Baby Animal show up?

Looking forward to MMW in 23 days. :excited:

12. Slackbot

He shows up at about :50. You hear him crying, and a hot dog seller grumbles "Kids." Then Kermit shows him a chain of Animal paper dolls cut from a newspaper, delighting him.

You know what blows my mind? the music. It can't be a coincidence that it's the same tune used in Midnight Cowboy, which is also set on the streets of New York.

13. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Re-watching it, I realise that the title of the movie Piggy's in is "Moi" XD

14. Slackbot

Duh! The line "Hey, I'm workin' here" has to be a reference to Dustin Hoffman's famous "Hey, I'm walking here!" And y'know what his character's name was? Rizzo Ratso!

15. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Alright, I'll give you credit for this, you actually got me to laugh at Animal. Which is, as I may add, is a very RARE occasion.

Also, the puppetry in this is fantastic!

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

OY VEY GEVALT

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's a relief. I was worried you'd get some sort of brain aneurism from all that Animal. :electric:

I have to admit, it would be nice if we saw them use that Baby Animal again somewhere.

Duke Remington and galagr like this.
  18. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Great commercial and BABY ANIMAL!!!!! :halo:
    It was a nice surprise to see him!

19. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

HAHAHA!!! And leeetle cute baby animal made an appearance too!

20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow Disney sure has been surprising us here as of late. I mean the proms and things for The Muppets where good, but these are way better all around. I love what they have done puppetry wise, and I think there will be quite a bit more of that in the new movie as well.