1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: New Lipton Tea Ad with Kermit, Piggy and Animal

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Duke Remington, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

One thing that I can't figure out is who is talking after Animal spits out the water? I would assume it is supposed to be Piggy, but it sounds nothing like her.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

That was Piggy, and it did sound like her. What I don't understand is why she got mad in the first place. Was it because Animal thought that water had no taste?

3. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

I'm thinking either Animal spit the water in her pasta and that's why she got mad, or the fact that Animal was being rude and that's why Miss Piggy got mad.

4. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

Also, sorry for double posting, but I'm I the only one who could barely hear Kermit's voice in this?

5. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Cool new ad, probably not as good as the first one but was Great to see Rowlf with the others

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I love the new one, it has ROWLF!!!!! Looking forward to seeing THiS on TV!!

7. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

This is EXACTLY what I needed today. And by that, I mean both (a) iced tea and (b) a new Muppet commercial. Thanks Lipton! :)

8. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

What a nice Muppet commercial! :)
    Nice to see Rowlf and the others here, too.

9. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I really liked the new commercial. Although it kinda feels like Gonzo isn't in as much Muppet stuff as he used to be. This is the first time I've seen him in anything other than MMW in a while. I could be wrong though.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Why is Gonzo is in his Chili Pepper Shirt?:concern:

11. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Looks like the video got removed from Vimeo. :cry:

muppetlover123 likes this.
  12. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

It'll be back; I'd say give it a few days at most for it to pop up online again. A nice commercial, by the way. Seems reminiscent of their ads for Polaroid, especially with all the Muppets singing at the end.

Also, anyone else notice this series of cute photos that were taken during filming? :)

13. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I did see those! I was wondering where they were from! Luckiest kid in the world, me thinks!

JonnyBMuppetMan likes this.
  14. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

I think they're suggesting that everybody should be more calm and relaxed, and just DRINK LIPTON'S TEA OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

There's a shorter version of the new commercial: . Is there a difference between it and the long version?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The difference: It's 15 seconds shorter.

17. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I realized that when I watched them side by side.

18. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

It'd be better to see Wilkins and Wontkins make a comeback.

19. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Yes!!! So, with all due respect, The Jim Henson Company, PLEASE USE WILKINS AND WONTKINS IN TV COMMERCIALS, MOVIES, WILKINS AND WONTKINS COMPILATION VIDEOS, OR ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN FIND THEM TO USE!!!!! BECAUSE, AFTER ALL, EVEN IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THEM, THEY'RE NOT FORGOTTEN IN MUPPET FANS!!!! Whoo!! That felt good to let out!

20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Shhh, use your indoor voice.