1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Video of Elmo with Richard Hunt's voice

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by PiLfan, Aug 22, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. PiLfan

PiLfan Member

I looked but didn't see this posted anywhere. In 1984-85, Richard Hunt took over the Elmo character from Brian Muehl. I had always wondered what the Richard Hunt Elmo sounded like, and if he appeared in any street scenes or was actually referred to as "Elmo".

All that is answered in this video clip:

It shows a few street scenes with Elmo interacting with Bob, kids and David. He sounds a lot like the two-headed monster.

This clip apparently comes from a documentary called "Being Elmo", and is narrated by Whoopi Goldberg. I had never seen or heard of the documentary before and don't know anything else about it. Thought you all might find this interesting.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Oh My! That video cracked me up! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing, Pilfan!
  3. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny how Elmo had talked like a caveman, and he really did sound like the 2 headed monster! HILARIOUS!
  4. Benji2

Benji2 New Member

When I first saw the thread title I had visions of Elmo speaking with a pompous Don-Music like voice (chuckle). But Elmo sounding like the two-headed monster was just as good! Thanks for sharing...