1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: Peter Linz premieres as Herry

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Pig's Laundry, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It's officially official. This is Peter's first official performance as Herry Monster. So happy he's back, and i'm glad Peter finally has more major/recurring characters:

2. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Active Member

I love it! He's a pretty great fit.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Am I imagining things, or does Herry now have a slight speech impediment? Not to the extent of Baby Bear, but it's noticable to me.

gavry3 likes this.
  4. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I'm so glad Herry Monster is coming back! Here's another video that features Peter Linz performing Herry, behind-the-scenes of the show.

I guess they went with Peter Linz, as even though Matt Vogel would've also been a good choice for recasting Herry, he's pretty busy with Big Bird and Count von Count, and now that he's also Kermit the Frog that complicates things more. No matter; Peter makes a great Herry!

I also saw Herry on the Sesame Street float in last year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, so it looks like Herry will be appearing more frequently now, like they've done with Guy Smiley or something.

5. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

It does seem like some of his R's roll into a W

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I think it's been there since the 90s when Herry became more obviously a kid. It's just slightly more pronounced now.

7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he definitely sounds like he has a very droopy speech impediment.

8. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I was incredibly psyched to see this the other day! Somehow, I knew that Peter performing Herry at the puppeteer workshop last year, and a Herry Funko Pop coming out earlier this year would be a sign of him making a comeback.

9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Peter is really steping up at Sesame! Taking on Ernie and now offically Harry. It's great because These are two fan favorites that have been needing a huge comback!

10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Peter is doing a good job as Herry, but there is always room for improvement as expected. We all said the same thing of Matt Vogel as the Count, Ryan Dillon as Elmo, Eric Jacobson as Bert and Grover, David Rudman as Cookie Monster, and Steve Whitmire as Kermit and Ernie.

I remember reading that it was Peter's lifelong dream to work for the Muppets, so I am truly happy to see him performing Herry and Ernie in addition to Walter and various other characters.

cahuenga and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  11. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

My issue with Matt as the Count is he makes him sound too much like a smoker.

Sorry, but.... He never grew onto me with him.

muppetgem and MikaelaMuppet like this.