1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Video: Pigs in Space “Alien: Look Who's Coming to Dinner”

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Dec 9, 2016.

1. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

I laughed at the end when Pepe was going in and out of Link's stomach, laughing, and saying "weeeeeee".

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Knowing Pepe, I'm a little surprised he didn't call attention to his nudity, considering that sly little exhibitionist streak he has, lol.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  3. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Was Steve performing Link

4. LinkLady77

LinkLady77 Member

It must have been...I can't imagine who else would have voiced Link. Steve is doing such a great job with him...he has the voice down really well. I can't wait until next Friday's "The Gravity of the Situation" debuts! I have watched this sketch more times than I am willing to admit...hee hee.

5. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Same here mate

scooterfan360 and LinkLady77 like this.
  6. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I really did like this sketch. It was funny and very well paced by the performers. But I've also seen some of those dumb rants from 'concerned parents' about 'Disney allowing digusting and disgraceful behaviour from the Muppets that would make Jim Hanson roll in his grave'....

OOH! I think I just found my next blog article!

Anyway, while I agree that the jokes may have been a tad bit too adult, this was produced during the 'edgier Muppets' phase so it really hasn't come as a surprise to me.

7. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

I enjoyed it. I had hoped these videos would be serialized like old Flash Gordon shorts, but if they are taking the route of spoofing various Sci-Fi films that is also very good. I love the trio of main characters, but I am also happy we had another member of the starring cast and a new puppet (I don't think I have seen the squid before). Maybe Dearth Nadir will appear at some point.

Duke Remington and scooterfan360 like this.
  8. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

thought that this was funny, i can't wait for the next one.

9. GenoWrites

GenoWrites New Member

I seem to be in the minority here. I found it just barely amusing. A 20 year wait for this? Sad day. I couldn't watch it with my kid. I know the original Muppet show wasn't really a kids show, but I'm comfortable watching most all of the DVDs with my daughter. This new stuff... Not so much. Really disappointed

Muppy and GonzoLeaper like this.
  10. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I agree with GenoWrites. This sketch was okay, but I didn't find it terribly amusing- though I did find it subtly vulgar (but since finding out it was produced during the time of "The Muppets" show, I'm not surprised- since that show was also at least subtly (and sometimes not-so-subtly) vulgar.)
    Nonetheless, it was nice to see a Pigs in Space sketch again, with Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork and First Mate Piggy:mad: (and Pepe:rolleyes: as well), even if the voices weren't quite the same. Piggy and Pepe were fine- and there was a good effort for Link and Strangepork- but it just wasn't quite there for me.

Muppy and scooterfan360 like this.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hey, compared to Scooter cage dancing among other things in VMX, this is fluff.

12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I would like to point out that these weren't shot during the taping of M15. The only real impact they had on these, I'm almost certain, was halt the release of them so they could better focus the franchise on the TV series.

Duke Remington and JimAndFrank like this.
  13. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

meant to add this, i totally understand that the videos were made during their ABC TV show, so I'm going disregard the jokes.

14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Hmm....do I use my powers of invisibility for good or evil?

JimAndFrank likes this.
  15. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Exactly, which is why I didn't say 'during the tv series'.

Duke Remington and scooterfan360 like this.
  16. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Okay- perhaps I misunderstood that. My mistake.
    Both are bad.:sympathy:

JimAndFrank likes this.
  17. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I liked this one! I do think that Matt Vogel needs to work on his Dr. Strangepork voice a little more, but he'll get there. There was only one joke that would really classify as "adult" as far as I can tell. Definitely looking forward to more!

Pig's Laundry and scooterfan360 like this.
  18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Are you guys thinking what i'm thinking? The Muppets' next production should be a half hour Pigs in Space special!

edit: Also i'd like to note that the video is doing very well right now with over 75 thousand views.

19. Saw the clip last week, and I think it may be it was really awesome return of "Pigs In Space"!:mad: It made a really good reference to the Alien movies, and I was pretty creeped out and laughing at the same time. Pepe coming out of Link Hogthrob's stomach was truly the icing on the comedy scare cake. I gotta say, I am looking forward to more of these webisodes, as well as cameos from the other Muppets as well.