1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Pigs in Space “The Gravity of the Situation”

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's more... "Piiiiigs in Spaaaaaaace!" Let us know your thoughts on this anticipated new Pigs in Space video from The Muppets.

If you've seen this video please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. RowlfFan12

RowlfFan12 Member

I thought it was awesome. Kermit's part cracked me up. :) Question I have is: who is performing Link? I've been out of touch with which Muppet performers are performing what character lately.

scooterfan360 and Duke Remington like this.
  3. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

This one was good...didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first one. Matt keeps getting better and better with each episode, though. He has big shoes to fill with Jerry's characters like Floyd Pepper, Uncle Deadly, Robin, and Pops; and I really think his voices for Dr. Strangepork and the announcer are great. Steve's got the voice for Link down pretty good as well.
    I hope that they keep putting in more familiar Muppets in these episodes, too. I was glad to see Kermit here. An appearance from Gonzo wouldn't be a bad idea...maybe as Dearth Nadir? (in Gonzo's voice) "The world will never know!"

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Steve Whitmire

RowlfFan12 and Duke Remington like this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This week's episode wasn't as funny, to me, but it was still thoroughly enjoyable, and I did get a kick out of the little twist ending. And funny enough that Steve does both Link and Kermit that Link was able to do a convincing job performing Kermit . . . even though the Kermit puppet Link showed Piggy looked so totally fake, lol.

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That was great. Really makes up for :)'s absence at the Macy's parade this year. Kermit and Piggy always make a cute couple even when they're playing different characters. Lol. The only thing that I find a bit odd is that they didn't hold off until April Fool's day to show this one. Well, I guess they didn't want to have us wait four months. :)

scooterfan360 likes this.
  7. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Pretty good episode and all the characters sound great!

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing - so much so in fact, that I was actually half-expecting Piggy to point out to Link and Strangepork that it's not April Fool's Day.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Agree that this wasn't full out laugh funny, but it was still well-executed.

Obscure reference from me for the day.
    The bit when Kermit comes in as part of Piggy's panicky attempt to save herself... Reminds me of the kind of dynamic when Scott Bakula was added for that one next-to-last (if not final) season of Murphy Brown.

*Goes to get some steel-toed boots for a good ol' round of kick-the-bucket list.

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

My Frog! The irony of Link performing the 'frog puppet'!

11. LinkLady77

LinkLady77 Member

Another good one! It cracked me up to hear Strangepork say "Linkie". I always found it funny when he called Link that in the classic sketches. Miss Piggy calling them "total asteroids" had me burst out laughing! Seeing most of Steve Whitmire's left arm as Link "hams" it up with the Kermit puppet while running away from Piggy at the end gave me a bit of a chuckle. Seeing 2 of these sketches was a great early Christmas present...thanks Muppet Central for keeping me in the know! :)

12. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

the joke that they pulled on piggy :laugh:, this episode was really good.

Duke Remington likes this.
  13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think the only thing I didn't like was the lighting; the bridge looked way too dark.

14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Extra points for making Link a bad puppeteer!

15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I liked how this was more suspenseful than the last one.

16. Another clip that made my morning. It really did stick with the theme where Link Hogthrob and Julius Strangepork making Piggy do menial tasks, such as cleaning the windows and taking out the trash, which I see is pretty sexist since Piggy is an important part of the team.:mad: It was also pretty mean that they played that April Fools joke, which featured a Kermit puppet, played by Link. I did think the Kermit cameo was a nice touch to the web series. All I can say is it was a pretty cool reference to the film Gravity, and I can't wait for next week's episode. Hope it will feature the Electric Mayhem and play a new song! :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:

Duke Remington and scooterfan360 like this.
  17. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

This one was MUCH better than the first one. Loved that this had a plot.

18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Was that Peter Linz as the computer? If not it sure sounded like him/Walter...but obviously it's not Walter

scooterfan360 and Mo Frackle like this.
  19. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

It was fun seeing Kermit in this one, and the twist that he was really a crappy-looking puppet performed by Link. Also liked that we didn't have to wait an eternity for a 2nd episode, as some worried.

20. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

That episode was great, much better than the last one, I liked the Kermit puppet joke.