1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Pig's Laundry, Apr 26, 2017.

1. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Ahh! Got it. I could see the human cast members being required to take a puppetry workshop so that they understand how the puppeteers bring Grover, the Count, and company to life. Then they'd be able to relate to them more and make the acting seem more believable to the TV viewers.

If I recall, some of the cast members and staff have talked about the Muppet/Kid Moments featuring John-John, Polly, Shola, and Fannie. The kids didn't have the same issue that the adults had: they talked directly to Herry, Ernie, Bert, and Kermit. They believed that the characters were real, and they didn't notice the puppeteers below them. On the other hand, the adults knew that they were talking to a puppet and couldn't always focus, as famously chronicled by Sonia's first time working with Frank Oz and Grover. (Gee, maybe she took the puppetry workshop after that bit.)

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Apparently the world is going to end (again) next Saturday. Guess I won't get to meet the cast after all. :smirk:

3. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

What do you mean? Weren't they going to be there the 6th through 8th still?

4. D'Snowth

Yeah, but if the world ends before then, nobody will even be there. :p

5. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

The world is not going to end. I don't believe in that stuff.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Is the world really going to end next Saturday?

7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Of course it is!

8. MikaelaMuppet

It better not end.

9. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

"Stroke! Stroke! Stroke!"

"STYOP MOCKENG ME!"

11. D'Snowth

Getting back to the topic at hand, the schedule for the Fanbox Expo has been finalized, and the Q&A panel and sing-along with the SST cast will be Saturday at 12:10, followed by the photo-op at 12:50, but the cast may be there for autographs the whole weekend, I'm not sure: the fan package is also supposed to include a meet-and-greet.

12. MikaelaMuppet

Are you still planning on going?

13. D'Snowth

I'm back and had a great time. I'll write up more about my experience in greater detail later and share some pics and video with you guys, but I did want to say I saw exactly what you guys were saying about Caroll: it was a tad difficult to talk to him because his voice was so soft and quiet, I was straining to hear him; likewise, when Debi wasn't speaking for him, one of his chaperones would.

And sorry @antsamthompson9, I don't know why, but Alison turned out to be a no-show, so I wasn't able to find out anything about her or Dr. Long appearing in anything special for Season 50 - in fact, they all seemed rather vague about what's going on about Season 50; I believe it was either Alan or Roscoe who said the production staff was in the process of putting together ideas for Season 50, and Bob said that there was the possibility of more live appearances like concerts and things like that.

Like I said, I'll go into more detail with you guys later.

Pig's Laundry likes this.