1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Sesame Street Puppeteers Talk About Puppets

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Pig's Laundry, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Matt Vogel, Ryan Dillon, Frankie Cordero, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, and Marty Robinson talk about how their jobs and the puppets work:

Great stuff! I'm really glad I finally know how Snuffy's snuffle moves. Also, there's some great behind the scenes pictures and footage.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Holy crap . . . if I didn't know better, I'd think Ryan and I were twins separated at birth. :eek:

But I hadn't heard about little magnets inside the hands being used as a technique to have Muppets grab/hold things, but that's really interesting - I'm guessing those would have to be really strong magnets to be able to attract through fabric and such.

3. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Hm. Kevin was briefly mentioned. Cool.

4. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Funny that it's already gotten a bunch of comments complaining that the magic is "ruined". Well, duh, that's gonna happen when you see behind-the-scenes footage.

I had wondered about that before, and it seems like they've done that for quite a while. When I saw one of the episodes with Betty Lou's dolly posted on YT a while ago, I wondered if the doll or doll head was attached via magnets, or if was just pinning.

5. D'Snowth

I've heard certain things such as, depending on the size/shape/weight of the prop, that usually the bending the fingers (which have wire in them) into a grip around the prop is enough of a grasp to hold it into place, and if not, a little double-face tape is added as extra ensurance.

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I wanna know who the red-haired woman is who was filling in for Leslie in one of the behind the scenes pictures.

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It was Peslie, her evil Irish doppelganger.

gavry3 likes this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It could just be Leslie in a wig; she's prone to doing quirky things.

9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's what I also thought at first.

10. D'Snowth

When I was a kid in school, I used to clip my pens to the templepiece of my glasses, and nobody really thought anything of it (because they already thought I was a weirdo anyway).

A few weeks ago, I happened to have a pen in a grocery store and did the same thing for the first time since I was a kid. Needless to say, I was getting quite a number of strange looks and double-takes from other shoppers and employees.