1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Video: "Share it Maybe" Sesame Street Parody

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

What is this, I don't even
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

According to Sesame Workshop, this is a spoof of Carly Rae Jepsen's song "Call Me Maybe."

3. Oscarfan

If you're referring to my statement under the video, it's just something people online say to express extreme disbelief in what they're seeing.
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  4. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

The Sesame Street version is better than the original. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Call Me Maybe" on the radio. This just further proves that everything is better with Muppets.
  5. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I love this! :insatiable:
  6. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I echo Oscarfan... This is a new low. I didn't even make it through the first minute.
    Tomservo95 likes this.
  7. Oscarfan

I didn't say it was bad; I meant it was so awesome I couldn't belief it was real
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed the current trend in pop songs? They've all got these really big, cinematic underscores, they sound more like songs you'd hear in a movie as opposed to on the radio... sometimes it can be pretty good (Stevie Wonder's "For Once in My Life", for example), other times, it's an overused gimmick, like in this case. And the original song doesn't do anything for me, I guess you have to be a teenaged girl to appreciate it.

Oh yeah, and this Carly Rae Jepsen is Justin Bieber's protege, BTW. *And the awesome points scatter*
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

So I wasn't having the best day right now, but watching this video put a big smile on my face! I've never laughed so hard. LOVE Cookie Monster in this! :insatiable::insatiable::insatiable:
  10. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

I was thinking the exact same thing! :insatiable:
  11. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

This may not be the BEST cover or song ever, BUT, it's appropriate that if ANYBODY sung a song like THAT, it would be Cookie Monster.

Daniel
  12. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Share this video? Definately!
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The thing that I love most about this video is seeing how Cookie would behave in a business/office environment. Now I want the new Sesame Street Movie to be "Looking for Jobs."
  14. D'Snowth

Speaking of which, is it safe to assume Cookie's loitering around the actual SW offices?
  15. Oscarfan

Yes, those are the actual SW offices; it would be the easiest thing for them to do.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, it says "Sesame Street" backwards frosted on some of the glass when Cookie is looking in on the meeting.
  17. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

And given the manner in which he tends to eat, he's also littering around the SW offices. (Hope he doesn't see the door to Joan's office and think it says Joan Ganz Cookie)
    HubbaWhaFraggle and Borples like this.
  18. D'Snowth

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't Cookie also look even bluer than usual? They must have built a new one.
  19. Oscarfan

I think it's just the lighting.
  20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

this is such an amazing video i wanted to give cookie monster some cookies ill share with him