1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: Steve Whitmire and Lisa Henson on Inside Edition

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Not even joking, Cheryl Henson commented on my post about this on Facebook, having a small tantrum about Steve saying he and Kermit are one. The moment I and one other person responded, she deleted it.

scooterfan360 and Muppy like this.
  3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

:sigh: This train wreck has become too much for me.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That's very odd. Clearly Steve and the Hensons must've had problems with each other for a while. I think Cheryl is finally letting out some pint up feelings she's had bottled up for a while.

Meanwhile, because there's so much speculation, heartache, and no payoff, i'm just gonna stop paying attention to all this.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

My respect for Cheryl Henson has gone from 100 to 0 in the span of like 5 hours. To post hurtful comments is one thing, but to then delete them and pretend you never posted them is worse. Just wow.

6. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

While I am not saying Steve is on the moral high ground, it is just heartbreaking to see him in tears. I really wish him the best

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    scooterfan360 and vettech28 like this.
  7. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

All of these articles trigger me how they refer to them as voice actors instead of performers. I know Frank hates that as well.

Glad to hear Steve thought Disney treated the Muppets a bit rough in the TV series. Right from the first episode Scooter's sassiness took me aback a bit.

8. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I hated seeing and hearing him like that! I didn't want to, but I did! It's just absolutely heartbreaking!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Cheryl lost her father, she has every right to be emotional when someone else takes ownership of his character like that.

But that's probably completely separate from the Disney firing. Disney is probably just reeling from the last two bombs and need someone to blame.

scooterfan360 and BlakeConor14 like this.
  10. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Mate it's been 27 years. If they were all that upset it would have come out a long time ago

scooterfan360 and Zappetman like this.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well people are weird, needless to say. But anyway, I think Lisa Henson's statement is probably more relevant to the current situation:

Boom. It always comes down to that. You take risks in contract negotations and sometimes it pays off, and sometimes it doesn't. And Lisa also talked about how he couldn't come to the set without a big drama. Now, I can picture Steve being annoyed at the level of writing or whatever it was and maybe pushing too much to be heard. Again, it's a gamble that sometimes pays off and sometimes doesn't. It is a business, and either you hold your nose and play ball or make a statement and resign. Or, like in this case, you're finally asked to leave. That's how it works in any job. Again, I don't "blame" him. Business is just like that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I honestly lost a little respect for both Lisa and Cheryl after hearing them both just kind of shove Steve aside like that, but not to the point where I hold ill-will towards them.