Video: The Count Celebrates Sesame Street's 1 Billion Views on YouTube

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Is that really it? I was expecting a old never-before seen video. Not so top secret after all.

Who's voicing the Count here? Is it Matt Vogel? I know he's busy at the filming of the new Muppet movie, so I didn't think he'd have time to perform the Count here.

Also, did anyone notice the scene from Share it Maybe? Instead of Carly Rae Jespen on the screen, they replaced it with the Count. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually... in a round about way, this is the video I was hoping for. I was desperately wanting the video to be the newly recast Count VonCount, and that's exactly what we got.

Plus, I had a hunch that if it was an original sketch, it would be a congratulatory one. All and all, not bad. Only disappointment is that it wasn't a rare unaired bit. But hey, at least we don't have to wait until next season to hear the recast Count. pretty good, needs a little more work and it will sound great in time like all recasts.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Great way to celebrate their milestone. Matt's Count is a good start, needs a little work, but I'm sure he'll get there. I'm hoping this'll get him some more screentime; ever since they took away his number of the day, he's hardly around anymore (same goes for Prairie, who I miss extremely. What a severe waste of a great character and a great performer).

But, seriously. Where was the thunder and lightning???:batty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No doubt it my mind, no doubt at all that Matt would make an excellent Count, I'm not disappointed at all, I really do feel Jerry would have been proud.

BUT, if THAT is what the top secret video was all along, then yes, I'm a tad disappointed in that, because it almost kind of feels like that kind of slap in the face people felt when they were playing like the original Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario World, going through those little worlds to get to Bowser's Castle to rescue the Princess, only to find Toad who's essentially, "Yay, you beat Bowser! You gotta keep playing though." Because for all of us working feverishly to help SW make it to 1-billion views on YT, and then the top secret video is pretty much just a thank you video for helping them reach 1-billion views... yeah, sorry.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I quite expected in the back of my head, yet came to the conclusion it probably wasn't going to be, some big post performer departure reveal. Either Elmo or The Count. And while there's going to be a wave of disappointment that this isn't some long lost video (my only gripe), the true goal wasn't the video, but it was in helping to get Sesame Street to the goalpost. And it's not like we had to eat rotten tasting cereal to send away for something... it was watching Sesame Street videos. It's a win win. Though I really wish they had more classics, and hopefully in time they'll provide that.

I'm just glad we don't have to wait another season to hear the new Count.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Great way to celebrate their milestone. Matt's Count is a good start, needs a little work, but I'm sure he'll get there. I'm hoping this'll get him some more screentime; ever since they took away his number of the day, he's hardly around anymore (same goes for Prairie, who I miss extremely. What a severe waste of a great character and a great performer).

But, seriously. Where was the thunder and lightning???:batty:
I thought the voice was spot on. Are we sure it was Matt though? Like someone said, if he's busy with the new Muppet movie, it may not have been. But you never know. Eric Jacobson often went back and forth, so it could be the same for Matt. I still can't help but wonder if maybe it was Jerry and maybe this was recorded before he died and saved so it could be used now. Kind of a crazy idea, I know but that's just a theory. Plus with a new Count, that may be a sign we might hear a new Elmo soon as well. We'll have to keep our eyes and ears open.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
A truly great start to Matt's Count as even I think Jerry would have been flattered by the impression of his famous character. :batty: