1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppet maniac, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

2. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Squeee! I'm so excIted!
    fufumuppet likes this.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Great news! Here's hoping this movie finally gets the home video treatment it deserves. The Muppets Go Hollywood should definitely be a bonus feature on it because that's where it belongs (I don't see a special promoting the movie being released on it's own), just saying.
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

There aren't enough "Yay"s in this world to express my feelings about this, but still,
    YAAAAAAY!!!!!
  5. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Curses! The video isn't showing up! I can't be excited!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the video, (Youtube problems) but I can't be more excited!!
    This is so awesome, I will be making sure that I buy a Blu-Ray sometime in the next months, maybe I can convince my family to get one for Christmas time. There's no way you can live without a Blu-Ray player with all this excitement going on.
    fufumuppet likes this.
  7. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

Seeing it with Blu-Ray quality is exciting (even with the imperfections of a decades-old negative). And hopefully with good extras. Will we see "Can we get a grasshopper for the frog?" Can't wait!
    fufumuppet likes this.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This looks official, but I can't really trust the fact that there's no date. Yet the footage does look genuinely high definition.

I hope this doesn't play movie promotion chicken like everything else does. " We're going to release it closer to the movie, but then we aren't because that somehow causes confusion, so we won't release it until the DVD of the movie, but we don't want it out selling that movie so we'll sell it later on, but then it won't have the privilege of being part of the movie promotion, so we'll have it on the back burner until next time..." where they start the dang process all over again.
    fufumuppet and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  9. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I'm a little wary, too. Searching both Google and YouTube turns up zilch. All the results relate to The Muppets or MCC.

I hope it's true. Especially if it means GMC and MTUI aren't far behind.
    fufumuppet and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  10. askurow

askurow New Member

ATTENTION DISNEY EXECUTIVES: Please, Please, PLEASE: Use a newly transferred negative or clean and corrected print. The versions of this movie that have been out in the past are deplorable. The DVD/VHS releases are truly the worst prints of any movie from it's time, and there is no excuse for it. If it comes out on Blu Ray looking and sounding like it has previously, the Muppet fans will go haywire. Please spend the money and do it right, this is your franchise and a legacy we're talking about. Of course we want bonuses and deleted edits (like "Grasshopper for the frog" or "(gasp) a gun," that don't exist on the video reissues, but my biggest complaint is that the film looks and sounds so much older than it should. Please start combing the vault for a better master of this film, we know it exists. Thank you!
    fufumuppet and PanthraDion like this.
  11. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Very cool! Looking forward to it, but mostly hoping for new extras, as I own and have seen it plenty, and the hi-defis only so much of a bonus for me. I know Jim Frawley's still alive, so it'd be great to get a commentary from him, but a great one (which I also sadly doubt will have been done) would be commentary with Steve, Dave, and/or Frank and any other performers who worked on it who are around.

As much as Disney is starting to get on the right track, they need to really consider the older fans, as we're the ones who've kept the interest in these characters alive while they worked to bring them to the new generation. I also saw Muppets Go Hollywood as a recommended bonus, and I don't think I've ever seen that, so that would be much appreciated, too. C'mon, Disney, give us something more to work with, here! We're still waiting on at least the final two seasons of TMS!

-Zach
    fufumuppet likes this.
  12. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Oh, also, it'd be great if the ending credits dialogue was audible. I know I've heard stuff on Muppet Central Radio that I was never familiar. Yes, as complete an edit as possible (with deleted scenes as bonuses, possibly integratable into the movie, if they exist, would be nice, too), please!

-Zach
    fufumuppet likes this.
  13. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I got to buy myself a blu-ray player now. lol I've waiting way to long. I'm so buying this as soon as it comes out. Hope there will be tons of special features :) As well as one of my favorites, the test tape. :)
    fufumuppet and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  14. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

This is awesome.. I can't wait! Hopefully they'll do what they did with Muppet Christmas Carol and release a Blu-ray with a digital copy and NOT a DVD (I've already got two different DVDs... I don't need another one. I'd rather have a digital copy for my phone :p )
    fufumuppet likes this.
  15. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

So much excite!! The greatest Muppet film!! :) :) :) It looks beautiful indeed. I've been waiting for this kind of deal to purchase the film, honestly, so it had better not disappoint.
    fufumuppet likes this.
  16. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I really hope we do get this before the summer, that should be enough time. Though, Disney has been putting trailers for a Who Framed Roger Rabbit Blu-ray on their discs since July and we still have no release date.
    fufumuppet likes this.
  17. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i cant wait i think maybe it will come around spring or something and hopefully we get TMS 4 by summer or earlier
    fufumuppet and mupcollector1 like this.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

This trailer is real. Muppet Mindset reported that this trailer was put on The Odd Life of Timothy Green DVDs/Blu-Rays.

Any news on what the bonus features are gonna be?
    fufumuppet likes this.
  19. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Member

WOOHOO!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
    fufumuppet likes this.
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Roger bluray??? where??!!! :excited:
    mupcollector1 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.