1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppet maniac, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

*bump*
    I just wanted to pop in and say that this trailer is also on the Frankenweenie Blu-Ray and DVD, if anyone saw it. I was really excited to see it there! :)

CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  2. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

If only I had Blu-Ray. It's so expensive! Guess I will have to deal with the DVD version for now.

3. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Huh...not a horrible cover, could be worse, though the off-centeredness of it is bothering me :p

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey. Isn't that the cover from the 1990's Disney home video release?

6. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

yep that's the one, it's actually not a bad cover but it's a shame they didn't use the whole picture. I think it was last year that Disney released TMM here in the U.K on DVD and used the same cover but didn't cut out the lower part of the pic which I think makes it look much better.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Muppet-Movie-DVD/dp/B000B7VZKG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361208327&sr=8-2

As long as there's some nice new special features we havn't seen before then they could stick Kermit and Piggy upside down on the cover and i'd be happy.

:grr:

7. Muppet fan 123

I'm not hating the cover, but I'm not loving it.
    One thing that annoys me though, is the fact that the movie, "The Muppets" logo is always all over the place. It's confusing as to what is what, since the same logo is now being used for every Muppet piece of merchandise.

8. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I think this cover choice is kind of tacky and horrible, and I try so hard to not be picky about aesthetics!! :sympathy:

Considering how beautiful the original poster art from the 70s is, it's a shame that a reissue isn't aiming to look just as handsome for consumers who may well have other versions. Ah well...it might be a licensing issue when it comes to old art like that, yeah? I don't know much about that sort of thing.

9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It really is a shame it isn't. The way things are going, it's going to wind up being more cluttered poser pictures or something. We really deserve better covers than we usually get.

11. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

Bout time we got this on blu-ray! Always loved that scene with Steve Martin...

12. Muppet fan 123

Guys, apparently, that cover is not fan-made. It turns out, (also listed on Muppet Wiki) that a "The Muppets Classic Fiml Collections" were actually made, and The Muppet Movie used that cover.I don't think we got it in North America, but the U.K. definetley got it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry:

Muppetgirl1 likes this.
  14. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

So cool I love the Muppet Treasure Island cover it looks so cool

15. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Yes, the cover on Blu-Ray.com is a real DVD cover (I see it in shops all the time), but it's a fan made Blu-Ray cover.

It's very common on Blu-Ray.com for people to upload an old DVD (or VHS) cover with a Blu-Ray 'border', until the real artwork comes out.

16. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Is there a release date or anything for this? Amazon doesn't even have it up for pre-order yet... I can't wait till it comes out though!

Then we've only got to wait for Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island (I'd also re-buy Muppets Wizard of Oz on Blu-ray if only for a proper widescreen release).

17. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Active Member

I wonder if Disney will release it this summer or fall. Since The Muppets Again will be finished filming then and Kermit could do promotional appearances for it.

18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I know this is off-topic, but has anyone got the Roger Rabbit Blu-ray? Are all the bonus features including the commentaries subtitled? Cause, that will make me want to buy it.

19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I've never heard of commentaries being subtitled.

20. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Some DVDs and Blu-rays have done that. The commentary on the 2011 Muppet movie Blu-ray is subtitled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.