1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppet maniac, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i hope this out this summer!

2. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Like others here, I am looking forward to seeing the Blu-ray artwork. I don't think Disney will just reuse the photo from the old VHS (or as it turns out on the DVDs) for the North American release. I could be wrong of course, but I think they'll want something that will grab people's attention more, something that would really pop.

But I wouldn't be too bummed even if it was that photo, honestly, it's not that bad. I'm really excited to hear what the bonus features will be, no doubt the DVD will get the shaft when it comes to bonus features, but the Blu-ray has to have a few new good things, it's bound to included a least a "Disney intermission" for when you set it on pause, and those are really fun, judging from what I've seen on my Muppets and Wreck it Ralph Blu-rays.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  3. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

I didn't think the artwork from the 2005 DVD was bad either, so if they reuse it again, I guess I wouldn't mind that much. The Blu-ray will most likely have some new content and (hopefully) some old content as well. I know that's wishful thinking, but at the very least, they could dig up The Muppets Go Hollywood special or something and I'd be happy.

Come on, Disney. Get some classic Muppet content out there, please.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  4. muppetlover123

yeah i just hope it has some good bonus features!

5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Can anyone clarify what music is playing at the end of the trailer? I've heard that music so many times in multiple Disney trailers, including Green with Envy, and a few Pixar Short trailers. It's driving me crazy!

6. muppetlover123

i know i wanna know what it is too

7. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

It's the "Toreado's Song" form "Carmen" Here's the music I'm sure you heard before.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Hey! That is the music! Thanks so much!

But, y'know near the end of the trailer, (at the 0:44 mark) they play a different one. One that was also played multiple "The Muppets" promos and the Pixar Shorts Vol.2.

This one starting at 1:50 mark.

This one at the 1:02 mark.

9. David Fry

David Fry New Member

I suspect that it’s nothing at all - either music composed in-house or some royalty-free music loop they bought for this purpose. The only piece of music it vaguely resembles is the “Dies irae” movement of Verdi’s Messa da Requiem, and that’s a bit of a stretch.

10. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Here's something that probably won't be on the Blu-ray. I've posted a rarely seen Super 8 cut down of the film. It includes alternate audio tracks, and even a brief deleted scene.
    Part 1:

Part 2:

11. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want that on the Blu-ray. There's nothing special about it. It's just a shortened version of the movie.

12. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

Interesting. So I'm guessing this Super 8 edition was a then-current equivalent of a home video release?

13. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

DVDizzy.com has reviewed "Shanghai Noon & Shanghai Knights 2-Movie Collection" Blu-ray which was released 7th of May and says "The Lone Ranger" and "The Muppet Movie" trailers are included! Fingers crossed we should know something soon.

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

15. muppetlover123

awesome news!

16. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

17. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

I recall reading that using solely the "Disney" name is a synergy thing to keep a concise consistent brand identity and to have a name quickly identifiable on small screens like iOS devices and the like. So instead of having some things be Walt Disney and others go by other names, it's all just "Disney" now. Which, I guess, kinda makes sense, but it seems a little goofy to me. And it does mean that some aspects of the company, like the Muppets, lose some of their unique branding for it, at least on the packaging.

JonnyBMuppetMan likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.