Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squigiman

Reaction score
So what are our demands so far (lol):

- clean new transfer, video AND audio
- restored Kermit meets Rowlf "grasshopper" dialogue & full "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" song (if filmed? can't remember)
- UK credits with audible dialogue (at least as an extra)
- performers'/director/ANY surviving crew members' commentary
- behind-the-scenes/deleted scenes/outtakes (all restored as much as possible)
- The Muppets Go Hollywood tv special (and The Muppets At WDW on GMC when it eventually comes to bluray)
- Drew Struzan cover art (this is a big one for me too Jamie!! :smile: )

... and any other fun surprises they want to include, of course. Everything above should be mandatory, and should be thought of as mandatory not only by the fans, but whomever is in charge of getting this release amped-up and ready too... and they should be a Muppet fan as well. :wink:

Oh, one last thing: an advert for The Muppet Show Seasons 4 & 5 FINALLY being released on dvd/bluray. Yeah, that should definitely be included. :big_grin:
WHOA! As much as I want all of that stuff and am a fervent supporter of all possible extras on DVD/Blu-Ray releases (especially where Muppets are concerned, of all my interests), let's not go crazy in our language. "Our demands" makes it seem like we're negotiating a hostage situation, and we're the ones with the hostages. Muppet/puppet fans already have enough of a hard time fighting the notion we're all a bunch of crazies.

-Zach

Hubert

Reaction score
YES! YES! YEASSSSSSSS!!!!! I am so happy about this, despite the fact that I'm not going to buy this and that I don't have a blu-ray player. I'm just simply happy about this because it means that a new TMM video is going to be out in stores, and spreading TMM around the general public is always a good thing.

The Super Awesome Blu-Ray Trailer said:
Try not to freakout.
BUT I CAN'T!!!!!!

IEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
WHOA! As much as I want all of that stuff and am a fervent supporter of all possible extras on DVD/Blu-Ray releases (especially where Muppets are concerned, of all my interests), let's not go crazy in our language. "Our demands" makes it seem like we're negotiating a hostage situation, and we're the ones with the hostages. Muppet/puppet fans already have enough of a hard time fighting the notion we're all a bunch of crazies.

-Zach
Hey man! I think you missed my (lol) right after the "demands" line. :wink: I was making light of it, and honestly; just about every item I listed had been previously hoped for in posts before mine.

AND... I don't know about you, but I DO belong to the "bunch of crazies" club when it comes to the Muppets. :big_grin:

Cheers!

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey man! I think you missed my (lol) right after the "demands" line. :wink: I was making light of it, and honestly; just about every item I listed had been previously hoped for in posts before mine.

AND... I don't know about you, but I DO belong to the "bunch of crazies" club when it comes to the Muppets. :big_grin:

Cheers!
Oh, I guess I did miss it. Yeah, I was kind of kidding around, too. No problem.

-Zach

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just watched the video. I think we would have heard already if it was fake.
Hey! They used the same music as they did in Green with Envy! It feels like The Muppets all over again. :smile:

snichols1973

Reaction score
The "extended" UK version of the Electric Mayhem's intro scene is missing a couple of lines:

It skips from :sing:: Zoot, sax is your axe,
to Animal's intro while omitting the following lines:

:sing:: Uh-oh, Zoot skipped a groove again.
:flirt:: Wow, like, I'm Janice, I'm lead guitar, for surely.

If they decide to include an extended version of the Electric Mayhem's intro and Kermit's plot summary with the visual footage, it would probably be best to make a composite scene from the US and UK versions, retaining all the dialogue from the band's intro, along with the flashback clips of Kermit's and Fozzie's adventures.....

The Muppet Movie - Dr Teeth Reads The Script (Extended Scene) - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.