1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: The Muppets and the NFL with Frank Caliendo

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by MuppetsRule, Sep 9, 2015.

1. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I was listening to local radio (Milwaukee) on my way to work this morning. They were talking to Frank Caliendo who is a Milwaukee native. Caliendo is an impressionist and does a bit on the ESPN Monday Night Football pre-game show. He wasn't sure if he was allowed to say it but he said this week's bit will be with the Muppets. I think he said it will be a bit on the Muppets and their appearances with ABC's/ESPN's/Disney's stars with Caliendo impersonating the star.

He does a very good Miss Piggy impersonation by the way.

The Count likes this.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I'm not a football fan, but that would give me a reason to watch. I'll have to check that out.

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I always like when the Muppets appear on ESPN programming, and them appearing on Monday Night Countdown instantly makes that show 500 times more watchable than normal. They probably could offer more coherent insight than everyone there save Tom Jackson and Steve Young, lol.

4. MuppetsRule

charlietheowl likes this.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Charlie, don't make me bust out my "C'mon Man" moment.
    :attitude: and MK3 sounds like a perfect pairing, just so long as the daily slice of pumpkin pie has been shared. And who better than Sam to endorse the true American dessert.

Not sure if I'll catch this appearance, but I know sites like here and Toughpigs and the Mindset will probably cover it.
    BTW: My most favorite Caliendo bit was from last Christmas when he recited Twas The Night Before Christmas switching between all the ESPN personalities he impersonates.

charlietheowl likes this.
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wonder who all is gonna appear

7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Well, I was way off. I thought they would appear during the actual game. So I already missed it?

8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I missed it too. But I don't get ESPN. I thought the games were still on ABC. (See, since I'm not a football fan I'm out of the loop on these things.) Anyway, I'm waiting to see :mad: on GMA as we speak, but I kind of have my doubts now since they didn't say anything about her appearance in the opening. Anyway, that's a different subject. They just haven't opened that thread yet. Anyway, in the meantime if anyone has any clips of the Muppets on Monday Night Football, let me know.

9. antsamthompson9

10. antsamthompson9

Here's the bit:

11. MuppetsRule

Thanks for sharing that. I've been looking for it.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.