1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: The Muppets "No Room for Boring" Music Video

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Awesome music video Love Zoot's solo and overall Great to see The Electric Mayhem again, Also agree with some of the others that Floyds voice is pretty much spot on although Janice still needs some work

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Exactly why I think this and the commercial it spawned from are both amazing. Not that there's anything wrong with the Kermit and Piggy advertisements, but when was the last time we saw the Electric Mayhem featured that prominently in an advertisement of any kind? Yeah, I know it's kinda a bummer they didn't get Lips in there, but that's missing the point. Why worry about some ultra obscure fan favorite like that when we're not getting the same Kermit/Piggy and some celebrity ad? Yeah, I did like those Jessica Simpson Muppet Pizza Hut bits, but to have the Electric Mayhem perform a full song for the first time in ever should be a real boon to fans.

Not to mention how many second and third string characters we got here. WOW.

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Also, it's great that The Electric Mayhem is featured all equally, as opposed to Animal being the most prominently featured one. Actually I feel I barely notice Animal's pressence in this.

4. Peace

Peace New Member

I'm loving the new Muppet ads. They barely even feel like Toyota ads, it seems more focused around the Muppets themselves.

Loving the Electric Mayhem focus - it seems in the wake of 2011's The Muppets, the higher ups have started realising that there are more characters than Kermit, Piggy and Pepe.

It's such a delight to see the Electric Mayhem - I know I pretty much just said that, but it's worth repeating. One minor gripe is David Rudman's Janice - sounding a bit too high pitched, but hey, these guys aren't impressionists, they're puppeteers, it's amazing that they can get it so close. I'm confident that David Rudman will improve in time with both Scooter and Janice though, but as of right now, they're both sounding a bit too much like Baby Bear.

I think his Scooter needs to be less excitable, and his Janice voiced a little deeper, but that being said, he's doing a wonderful job and I don't mean to denigrate him at all.

charlietheowl likes this.
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Lips is included in this promotional image, so he was remembered. Maybe he'll even show up in an alternate scene in the other versions of the ads we've yet to see.

[​IMG]

6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Two more - in Spanish!

7. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I'll be curious to see those last two commercials in English (if that's possible) and in the meantime, I'm loving "No Room For Boring" and the accompanying videos, ads and promos. The Mayhem look and sound better every time they're brought together! YEAH!!!

muppetlover123 likes this.
  8. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

Dave Goelz:cool:
    Matt Vogel:sing:
    David Rudman:flirt:
    Bill Barretta:D
    Eric Jacobson:halo:
    I don't know where you are...but I will find you...and demand you tell me how all your skills can make such an amazing thing...

9. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Member

to me Floyd sounded acceptible while singing, but his speaking voice sounds very off. I miss Jerry.

10. Just saw the English version of this about five minutes ago while watching a recent episode of Modern Family on Hulu+. Caught me by (pleasant) surprise! Keep an eye open!

11. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

Miss Piggy responds... and yep, she's :mad:

She probably needs to get a better agent ;)

LouisTheOtter and muppetlover123 like this.
  12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow they really went all out for the Super Bowl this year! I saw the one with Crazy Harry in English as well. It was the second ad that the played last night during the big Game!

13. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

*Is quite surprised :mad: didn't **WHACK** the camera!*

14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

English version:

15. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I positively love this picture!

ElizaSchuyler likes this.