1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Pitch Reel

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by rowlfy662, Jul 21, 2015.

1. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Think i'll leave this here

2. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

Yes. A million times, yes. That was great!!

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  3. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Loved the first look presentation! Pretty basic and short but it was fun and got me laughing! I now have more hope in the new series!

The little bits brought me so much joy, such as Bunsen saying "Uh-oh" after Kermit announced the show was going to be about their personal lives and Elizabeth Banks suddenly appearing and braiding Janice's hair. I also love that fact that they spend money before they've even earned it and that Denise possibly has a female puppeteer. (The credits didn't include her so I'm assuming that is so until proven otherwise)

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

This format could not possibly be more perfect for the Muppets. It seems like a natural fit. I love it!

5. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I thought we'd never see this. Yay.

Duke Remington and LouisTheOtter like this.
  6. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So we still don't know who performs Denise. She doesn't get much dialogue (I was hoping we'd get to know her a little more in the pilot), and the credits don't even say who performed her (while listing who performed almost everyone else... It points out Matt Vogel performed Robin, who I don't remember spotting at all, and mentions "Sanjay" as one of David Rudman's characters... Not sure who that is... and the credits even say who performed "Yellow Happy Creature" who doesn't even get any lines, and does list Chip by name).

This pilot was great.

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I've asked Bill, Matt, and Peter on Facebook who played Denise. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

9. Oscarfan

It's not "Sanjay," it said "Satay." I have a feeling it's the Cynthia Rose puppet's actual name.

Robin is seen when Elizabeth Banks first appears.

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The only bad thing I can think about, and I sort of suspected this from the trailers, is that Lips isn't in this, not at the meeting or with The Electric Mayhem (well maybe he was in another room). He's been used a fair bit in recent years, and it's been said that Steve Whitmire is now comfortable with giving him a voice, yet since figuring the character out he hasn't gotten any opportunities to let him talk.

Oh yeah, and the lack of Thog. He was rebuilt in 2011, yet his only appearances since have been in the last two movies (I'm sure he'll appear on the show at some point).

So yeah, my only complaints so far is "[insert certain obscure characters here] are not in it" and Denise not really doing much yet (maybe they're still trying to find a personality for her).

I had wondered if the "new Muppet show" mentioned in this pilot was the new show or the show-within-a-show, and while it's still not clear, I feel like they are referring to the real show as opposed to Late Night with Miss Piggy.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  11. Oscarfan

"Such and such obscure character wasn't in it" is not and never will be a valid negative point. Chip's cameo is the show's way of saying "yes, we know there's a bunch of characters that exist. They'll get their turns at some point."

You can't expect them to shove every possible Muppet into a 10-minute pitch video. I think it gave enough focus to the four main characters (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo) while giving the more recognizable characters at least one line each.

12. antsamthompson9

Can I just say that I'm happy that the pitch tape has absolutely no dislikes?!

13. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

David Rudman is credited for playing a character called Satay. I didn't see any new characters in the pilot. Anyone know who Satay is?

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  14. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I don't know if I know a Satay.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  15. Oscarfan

I wanna say it's the brownish-red creature behind Chip (who we have on the Wiki as "Cynthia Rose" because of the Prince song). "Satay" might be the official puppet's name.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  16. antsamthompson9

Someone on Facebook who has Muppeteer friends says they got the info that Julianne Buescher played Denise.

17. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Wow that was great! The characters really mesh well with the mockumentary format. Can't wait to see what's in store for the actual show!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  18. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Yeah I was pretty disappointed too. I was happy to see Janice in the meeting!

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Lips may be a fan favorite and all, but he's only been with the band, like, what... last season of the show, GMC, the Walt Disney World special and then in MMW? Don't see why it's a huge disappointment when we haven't had the band period in the longest time. Chip's clearly there as an inside joke nod. A very inside inside joke that I hope they carry over to the series proper. As long as the show's about the main cast, I'm happy.

20. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Words fail me as to how excited I am for the show after seeing this. I loved seeing the characters' interactions, and the little details like Fozzie's goofy picture on Kermit's phone and Kermit's expression after the Newsman gave his brief. I'm eager to see the show premiere in September.

One interesting point: it's interesting how young Fozzie's girlfriend is. I always thought of him as in his thirties (as much as you can age Muppets), and it seems like they're playing him a bit younger. Either that or I'm just really bad at guessing people's ages.

WalterLinz likes this.