1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Trailer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, May 12, 2015.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I don't think that is going to be happening any time real soon. I mean I would assume Kermit was talking about Piggy when he said "She made my life a bacon warped Heck on earth" So I don't know.

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

I don't know either, but I'm kinda liking the whole Spamla and Kermit thing for some reason.

3. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

Is It possible Disney considers the Movies Canon but they do not consider the TV show Canon? And may be there is one more Movie with this set of Filmmakers to close out the Kermit and Piggy storyline and essentially this TV show is just to tide us over till the next movie comes out?

and also to bring the Muppets back to the main stream and hopefully have a better box office for there next theatrical film.

4. Well, the Muppets have always had, if you'll pardon the pun (and Muppet fans would just about have to), a loose canon.

:crazy:Did somebody say, "cannon?" BOOM!
    See what I mean?

5. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but either way I think that Kermit loves Piggy more than he's showing. That's just me.

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  6. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

This may just be my general dislike for Piggy speaking, but I think that the Kermit/Denise relationship might be quite refreshing. I'm not going to make any predictions about Denise now, but I'm interested in finding out how she defers from the Divine Porcine.

7. Muppetjente

Muppetjente Well-Known Member

The new pig is Denise not Spamela.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Well, there might actually be a neat little in-joke happening there because Pamela Anderson's middle name is Denise (she was actually billed as Pamela Denise Anderson in her appearances on the early run of Home Improvement and in her first season or two of Baywatch).

9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I thought Muppets TV was a talk show instead of a variety show.

One possibility I thought of: Maybe Denise is her real name and Spamela is her stage name or nickname (Hamderson could still be her real last name, or part of a stage name). I don't think Kermit and Spamela interacted much on Muppets Tonight, so maybe he didn't know her too well back then. The trailer makes it seem like the other Muppets are not too aware of her, but many of them weren't major on MT either.

Of course, we don't yet know what Denise is like. We haven't even seen her talk in the trailer. We don't know who's performing her. Maybe she's as ditzy as Spamela, maybe more, or maybe she's smarter. Maybe she's more like Kermit, personality-wise. Maybe she's like Miss Mousey. Or maybe she's bossier and more stuck-up than Miss Piggy.

10. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Nah, it was both. It had talk show moments and afterwards sketch and musical segments. Had backstage scenes like the Muppet Show too.

I'd like to see Miss Mousey return. She could date ;) lol
    Nah, it was both. It had talk show moments and afterwards sketch and musical segments. Had backstage scenes like the Muppet Show too.

I'd like to see Miss Mousey return. She could date ;) lol

11. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I wonder if there will be tons of complaints about how the show is not a variety, and it is ruining our childhoods, that should be the normal comment you will see here and there in the place for comments, and it seems really annoying to say the statement to people who worked hard on the project.

Duke Remington and LaRanaRene like this.
  12. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Well, I honestly wasn't particularly wanting a Muppet TV series, but I'm sure this will help get them a lot more exposure, of course. And it will probably help get young kids into the franchise as well. (Though I think the last two movies helped do that too.) I will be interested to check this out, but I could do without the "adult" humor. Yes, I know the Muppets have always been for both adults and kids- I get that. And yes, there's some such adult humor on The Muppet Show that I don't like either. Hopefully, this new series will be good, so I will say I'm cautiously optimistic. :concern::attitude::)

If nothing else, I mainly hope this new series will inspire Disney to finally release Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show to DVD! (I'd love to see The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight! on DVD as well, but one thing at a time- it seems like it's reaching enough just to get the rest of The Muppet Show on DVD.)

bouncingbabyfig likes this.
  13. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Agreed. Of course, I still don't know how a new production can possibly retroactively destroy people's childhoods- their childhoods will be perfectly intact. New shows can't destroy memories of the original series.;)

I would prefer to see more of a variety show myself, but I also get that The Muppet Show was mocking the popular style of its day- which is the variety show. Mockumentaries (unfortunately) seem to be the trend of today- thus, the tone for the new show. I don't particularly like the mockumentary style and I'd rather not see The Muppets adapt it, but I'm sure they'll make it funny. And I don't think the variety aspect is totally gone, from what I understand of the articles I've read about this.

In any case, let's wait to actually see the show before passing judgment.:):D:sleep::boo::skeptical::hungry::grr::news::scary::jim::fanatic:

dwayne1115 likes this.
  14. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Sonic and Madonna all over again. :)

15. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

16. Muppet Master

Nice that it is the only comedy to get a nomination for the category.

17. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Or complaints that Jason Segel isn't involved.

18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll find a way to work him in as a cameo or something, though. Actually, that would be the potential for a nice gag. Having Jason as himself as a guest and just having weird moments with Walter...

Like, celebrity paradoxy type things...

19. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly.:fanatic: Before MMW came out, I was thinking Jason could have a little cameo in the movie where he can call Walter to check on how he's doing with The Muppets.

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  20. Muppet Master

Though once you become a muppet, outside humans forget you and you forget them, so Walter has already forgot his previous friends and family companions.