1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Trailer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, May 12, 2015.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

What exactly are you referring to?

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I meant more along the lines of a Meta thing. Like a gag where Walter mistakes Jason for his brother, but Jason says "no, that was a movie" giving Walter a complex or something through the episode.

3. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

On that note, when Jason confirmed that he wouldn't be returning for MMW, it got me to thinking about if Amy Adams would be reprising her role as Mary. It would be interesting if we got at least a peek of the wedding if not whole thing.

Mad Monty fan and WalterLinz like this.
  4. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

I don't think that's giving Walter enough credit. He knows "The Muppets" was just a movie. I'm sure I've seen 'behind the scenes' videos where he says so.

As an alternative I think they could have some fun with Jim Parsons (ie. 'human Walter') making an appearance. Maybe people can't tell him and Walter apart, and there's mistaken identities all episode...

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Overthinking hypotheticals, are we? Personally, I'm itching for someone to make some reference to the lack of continuity and canon for the Muppets, especially when the last two films tried to put the original three films into continuity while saying they're also films. There's a lot of potential for meta humor here.

Duke Remington and Mo Frackle like this.
  6. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

YES YES. THIS.

7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thank you. It's strange that the minute your opinion isn't bright and cheerful, the answer must be that you're completely against change. It's just a cheap way to instantly invalidate someone's opinion.

8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

No reference, just a little pun.

9. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

*prays to all the gods in the universe that they won't ruin this show by making it vulgar*

bouncingbabyfig and heralde like this.
  10. Lman

Lman New Member

this was hilarious! i can't wait for this to be on TV! :laugh:

Duke Remington likes this.
  11. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

:): Hey Gonzo, aren't you an alien?
    :concern:: Nah. Turns out I really wasn't related to those people. We just looked alike.

12. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

This just in: ‪The Muppets‬ will air it's first episode on Tuesday September 22nd at 8/7c on ABC!

13. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Oooohhhhhh yeah!! :)

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Awesome!

15. Ladywarrior

I have to wonder. If they make the muppets swear would it seem awkward?

16. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd ever do that. If they did it would kind of seem out of place.

Ladywarrior likes this.
  17. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

18. Ladywarrior

NO I am referring to it as a super regular thing. Like in a lot of the tv shows out today. and I mean the more VULGAR things I won't post here. It might put off a few people.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  19. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

That accusation sounds cryptic and awful and very unmuppet-like. I prefer to think positively until given a good reason not to and leave the garbage bin of knee-jerk negativity to the cable news pundits.

20. Ladywarrior

I didn't ACCUSE them of anything! I am saying I hope it doesn't happen! I am worried it might I never outright said 'THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE FOUL LANGUAGE IN THIS SHOW IT'S GOING TO THE DEVIL!". as a fan I just don't want something like that to happen and I have every right to worry about it given how the tv shows today rely on this sort of thing a lot. I don't see how that's a "knee-jerk reaction" whatever that is supposed to mean. :(

heralde likes this.