1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Duke Remington, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Here's a video of the show:

MikaelaMuppet and goldenstate5 like this.
  2. Duke Remington

And another:

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  3. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

This show is an absolute triumph. It's funny, zany and endearingly charming. The puppeteering, even to a pre-recorded soundtrack, is also pitch-perfect.

Thankfully I'll be able to see it live in two weeks but I hope it's not short-lived. It would be nice for them to add a third variation, as it's just the two for the time being.

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

The first two shows are already online!

Declaration of Independence

Paul Reevere

5. muppetlover123

Wow the show is super great! Hopefully they add more shows but those were pretty good. Hopefully I can see them both live!

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.
  6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Wow I really wanna see this in person. It would be a dream come true to be in the same place as Muppets.

BTW, I wonder who's doing the puppetry.

7. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

This was really well done. It wasn't what I was expecting, but was very enjoyable. I think this is a nice place for the Muppets in the park, and it will be interesting to see if they add more "shows" into this attraction as time progresses. One note I have is that the Fozzie puppet looks quite off at sometimes, but maybe that's just me. Great job by the Disney team!

8. muppetlover123

Who ever was doing the puppetry had to have been trained cause it looks pretty good

9. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Here is a great video that shows the amazing detail in the puppets! Such little things that you can't see from far away (such as the functionality of Gonzo's eyelids)

10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Both versions of the show are fantastic. It's wonderful to see the Muppets have something besides MuppetVision in the theme park.

11. antsamthompson9

I would assume the puppeteers are traditional Disney Park puppeteers. I know a couple of them, Art Vega and Alex Villa worked on the recent Muppet movies.

12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Are there only the two shows? I thought they'd have different ones for each time in the day, but whatever.

They're pretty good. The puppeteering is way better than I expected it to be. The schtick with Miss Piggy is a little tired, but I guess they could only do so much with the characters they had. And I learned a new pun I hadn't heard before ("Cough stirrup").

I'm glad these are in the park now; this is exactly the type of thing they should've been doing.

13. antsamthompson9

The Getting Felt Up podcast YT channel has a video where you can see Sam at every point he does something in the Declaration of Independence show:

14. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

That was awesome! I'm so jealous at WDW right now. Because I'm a Disneyland guy. Nonetheless, that was hilarious and cute. I hope this leads the Muppets getting a new tv show. Okay, maybe not, but sometimes you'll never know what happens.

15. antsamthompson9

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  16. Duke Remington

Negative or positive?

17. antsamthompson9

JD doesn't like the look of the puppets, but other than that, it's positive.

18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'd try to listen, but I can barely tolerate JD Hansel.

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. antsamthompson9

I understand that he sorta overthinks things, like thinking Pixar tugs on audiences' heartstrings too much, but I think he generally makes good points and has good insight.

20. Duke Remington

Yeah. He and Steve Swanson tend to do that and they also make too many stupid and annoying jokes.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016