Video: The Muppets "Single All The Way" Episode 10 Promo

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So here's the promo for the winter finale of the muppets.

It looks like it'll be full of holiday cheer, and could Miss Piggy and Kermit get back together again, give your thoughts about this episode, that's finally about a holiday.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like it'll be full of holiday cheer, and could Miss Piggy and Kermit get back together again, give your thoughts about this episode, that's finally about a holiday.
Love it! Hopefully we get several Christmas songs. The Kermit and Piggy reunion is something that should happen gradually over multiple episodes and not just in a one-shot. If done well, it could be a nice teaser for the second half of the season.

It is a little concerning seeing this advertised as the "Winter Finale". It might be more effective to see it as The Muppets "Christmas Special" or even "Christmas Party". Having finale on-screen might confuse some casual observers that the show isn't coming back in February.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looks like we'll finally be seeing the whole cast do a number on Miss Piggy's show.

At first when i saw Behemoth, I thought that meant we'd finally, after about six episodes, see a character who hadn't been in a previous episode. But then I looked at Muppet Wiki and saw that he had been in a couple of previous episodes. Hopefully we'll see some characters who haven't appeared yet, though if we don't see any in that big group number then we might not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This episode looks good, though there are two things I kinda have issue with.

I'm very mixed about this being a holiday episode. Whatever can be said for the show, they weren't coerced into making a Halloween episode or a Thanksgiving one. I'd rather see plot over gimmick. But then again, Muppets and Christmas just are an unstoppable pair. And so far, it does look like they're gaining what the series was missing (especially with the last few episodes, save one). Hopefully this does get more viewers back into the show.

But my big concern is that it almost feels like they're going to quickly and anticlimactically set Piggy and Kermit back up rather than gradually stay the course of Kermit and Piggy lying to themselves just to satisfy negative critiques before the show's relaunch. Whatever was wrong with the show in the beginning, I doubt the fact that Kermit and Piggy having a different angle on their relationship was the show's issue. They certainly could have kept that up for a while and made the show more Muppety and fun. Just junk the secondary characters going on a date plotlines. Plus, it does concern me that either the relaunch is going to junk the whole format for something more obvious and done before, especially since Pigs in a Blackout and Going Going Gonzo proved they can get the Muppets to work with it and be The Muppets, or that even with the relaunch, the series is so on the bubble that only a miracle or forcing the show down everyone's throats "Till Death" style will get it a probationary second season.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It is a little concerning seeing this advertised as the "Winter Finale". It might be more effective to see it as The Muppets "Christmas Special" or even "Christmas Party". Having finale on-screen might confuse some casual observers that the show isn't coming back in February.
Lots of shows advertise a fall/winter finale now, I've seen it for Empire, Once Upon A Time and How To Get Away With Murder among other shows, so I don't think it will confuse fans. It's becoming the norm with network TV shows, sort of two mini-seasons in one full season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was going to mention that myself.

ABC's Tuesday line up is completely going on Winter hiatus. Especially S.H.I.E.L.D., which is going to make way for Agent Carter for a month and a half or so. S.H.I.E.L.D. is an important show to them. It's the supplementary fill in for the MCU, after all.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to what the Muppets' mid-season replacement place holder is going to be.