1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: The Muppets Super Bowl Toyota Highlander Commercial with Terry Crews

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jan 28, 2014.

1. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Those are all a riot. I love Bunsen and Beaker's blooper (there's nothing like an off-the-cuff Muppet joke that everybody's obviously enjoying), Pepe's rant, and "Boop" (partly because the human driver and passenger are just cracking up through the whole thing).

Honorable mention: Janice saying the Toyota Highlander has "room for BOTH of our fans!"

2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

English version of Toyota Highlander Unplugged!

3. LouisTheOtter

I love that this one starts with Sweetums crashing through the living-room wall. That's a great Muppet visual, and the rest of the commercial rides that wave.

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Love the Swedish Chef riding the motorcycle!

5. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I find it amusing how the family appear largely unimpressed and unaffected that Sweetums broke down their wall and carried them out singled-handedly while the others sang around them. C'mon, guys? Not even an itty bit surprised?

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  6. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

We saw Muppets that we have not been seeing lately such as The Electric Mayhem, Sweetums and Rowlf. I loved it.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

8. LouisTheOtter

ABC ran that ad again last night (TWICE!) during reruns of its big Wednesday night sitcoms. I'm just giddy that we still get to see these great Muppet commercials - I mean, this is going on five months since the "trailers" started showing up online! :) :) :)

9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

The last two issues of National Geographic have had full-page Highlander ads featuring the Muppets. It does me good to turn the page after reading serious, scholarly articles and see Sweetums.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

NBC has also been showing these commercials (sans Terry Crews) in the morning. I turn on the TV to watch the Today Show and I've seen the Muppets/Toyota spots at least three times in the past four days.

LeahXZoot4Evur and LouisTheOtter like this.
  11. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Sorry for bringing up such an old thread, but aww I loved seeing this during the Super Bowl this year!!:)

Terry Crews must've been so enthusiastic when he heard he'll be starring in a Toyota commercial alongside the Muppets! THE MUPPETS!!!:)

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  12. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Who wouldn't be? Lol!

Muppet Master and WalterLinz like this.
  13. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Statler and Waldorf and all the muppet movie antagonists.

14. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I wish i was in there! After all Janice said that it fits BOTH of their fans..yeah...

15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Terry Crews is so funny.

WalterLinz likes this.