1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Watch Gordon Ramsay Compete with The Swedish Chef

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

When you park in Chef Gordon Ramsay’s spot at a food truck fair, the heat is on. And in an all-new Muppisode, the Swedish Chef and the Muppets learn that the hard way.

Eventually, the drama reaches a boiling point and there’s only one thing to do: Føødê Fïtê. The Swedish Chef teams up with Beaker and Sweetums serves as Ramsay’s sous chef for an Iron Chef-esque competition, which you can watch below.

Here is also the extended version from the WWE at a runtime of seven minutes...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jaimieetkin/gordon-ramsay-swedish-chef-iron-chef-muppets-most-wanted

If you saw this video, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

2. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

Wow... I like where this is going.

Also, Pops.
    [​IMG]
    FOR REAL, POPS!!! :excited:

3. SweetMayhem

SweetMayhem New Member

I really enjoyed this. I love Gordon Ramsay, and his interactions with Sweetums were great. Lots of little moments in this made me smile. I hope they have a few more in the works.

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow awesome!

5. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

That was a HOOT!!! Excellent pacing and great use of Muppets in the "real world." And after watching MasterChef with Mrs. Otter this past summer, it's great to see Gordon Ramsay get a little comeuppance. (A tie for Gordon Ramsay pretty much equates a loss, especially a tie with the Swedish Chef.)

Great to see Pops for the first time since...what, A Muppet Family Christmas in 1987? Does this mean he has any kind of visibility in Muppets Most Wanted? Very cool!!!

Let's hope this is just the beginning of some great new Muppet viral content in the run-up to the movie! Lovin' the "Muppisodes" so far!!!

theSHE124 and DrDientes like this.
  6. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

The last time we saw Pops was in the Behind the Scene of the OK Go video, actually. But now he talked more!!

The only thing I can really say about this, is that everytime I watch it, I love it a little more.

theSHE124 and Duke Remington like this.
  7. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

YES. Little Muppetty viral videos that make me smile. Gordon Ramsey "dancing" with Sweetums. Muppets in hairnets. I needed a little something to brighten the day, and this did the job.

theSHE124 and Duke Remington like this.
  8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Can't decide if I preferred the sight of Beaker in a hairnet or Sweetums in a hairnet, lol. I'm glad the Muppets are making videos like this, it was fun to watch and I hope there will be more to come!

theSHE124 likes this.
  9. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Right, not gonna read any comment first, I'm just gonna speak my mind...

I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

YEAH! THIS IS WHAT WE WANT DISNEY! This is great! Loved it! Two obscure Muppets, Sweetums and (much more so) Pops! Maybe in future episodes we'll see other obscure Muppets.

Also, was that supposed to be the EM bus?? Cause it sure didn't look like it. :p

11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So have to watch this later today. Why couldn't we get Alton Brown to narrate? !

For once, I think I know whose cuisine will reign supreme.

theSHE124 likes this.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. I've been waiting for new Muppet viral videos, and while it's a shame they aren't on their YT page, it's great to see these videos pop up somewhere. Though, frankly, not some website that takes forever to load due to the animated gifs all over the page.

Now, props on them making something with Gordon Ramsy enjoyable. That's something Fox can't do with 50 TV shows (okay.... 3. And he was enjoyable in his Simpsons cameo). Seeing Sweetums in his best The Muppet Movie-esque schtick was amazing. Also Amazing is The Swedish Chef in a rare case of competence. Loved Beaker as his assistant.

Can't wait for the next one of these. If Pops can pop up, no telling who we're gonna find.

Duke Remington and cjd874 like this.
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I love the friendship between Beaker and the Chef! Sweetums was Awesome, and so was Pops. Matt has Pops voice down! I almost thought it was Jerry for a split second.

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  14. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Seeing Pops was a wonderful surprise! Matt is doing a great job with Jerry's characters.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I also love what Steve has been doing with Beaker. Beaker was always one of my favorites and I loved how Richard preformed him, but Steve is doing a great job with him as well.

I'd also like to add that Bill is doing an awesome job as the Chef.

I love all the work of all the "newer" performers They are really taking the work that Jim Frank Richard and Jerry have done, and making it so much more.

16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That was neat; if we can get more of these before the new movie, that'd be awesome.

17. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Yep. Everyone is doing a great job taking over other performers' characters.

Duke Remington likes this.
  18. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, the link for the Muppisode posted above brings me a "Http:// 403: Forbidden" message. So I'm forced to resort once again to asking for MUP3 versions of these online videos. :(

19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Not much I can add that hasn't already been said, so insert comment repeating everyone else's sentiments here:

And why was I half expecting Ramsey's (or the Chef's) shouts to be comically bleeped out? :p

http://video.disney.com/watch/food-fight-muppisode-muppets-most-wanted-4ecbf34978d94302b9aab959

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  20. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

All I'm gonna say is: I wish that Lady Gaga's 90-minute so called "Holiday Spectacular" had been as good as this three-minute Muppisode.