1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Watch Gordon Ramsay Compete with The Swedish Chef

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 5, 2013.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry, I haven't seen this Muppisode because of the stupid "403 Forbidden" message, so you've got me beat on this foodfight.

Congrats on being a certified rehab RN, hope you didn't burn down the house with that degree.
    Er, that's a Chowder reference, I hexpect only Drtooth will recognize it if he's reading this. :zany:

2. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

You put it perfectly! This is great because it's the Muppets being themselves, doing funny crazy stuff, and then getting outta there before the joke wears thin. More Muppisodes!

theSHE124 likes this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I cant wait for more!

4. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

And also because this was really about the Muppets, and not about the celebrity guest star. Gordon Ramsey was definitely the reluctant second fiddle player here in the same way that John Cleese and Mark Hamill were on the Muppet Show, which was all the better for us fans of classic Muppet humor. Plus, Kermit and the gang managed to fit in with the rest of society, which reminds me of what I call The Trilogy, (the three feature length movies that were made while Jim Henson was alive).

5. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

All these post about potty humor makes me think you guys never saw Land of the Gorch... Mooblies and all that jazz.

6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

My original post was mostly a joke about the incredible fuss that gets caused over some things, and not over others.

i.e. Muppets/Gaga everyone hates/this, everyone loves
    Miss Piggy saying "I gotta pee!" in MFS everyone hates/this no one has a problem with.

I, personally, have no issue with fart shoes, Miss Piggy's toilet habits or Land of Gorch.

JonnyBMuppetMan and Mo Frackle like this.
  7. Just watched this on YouTube. It was funny to me.

theSHE124 likes this.
  8. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I didn't exactly understand what was said involving Miss Piggy and the cupcake truck, and when Sweetums was selected, I noticed Mr. Ramsey gave him another name, but didn't quite understand what it was.

9. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Stranger things have happened in:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_in_which_Kermit_was_Never_Born

I guess in this day and age, there are some things which would be way too much for Sam the Eagle's standards.

While the idea of "fart shoes" wasn't very well received, the alternate universe of IaVMMCM where Kermit wished he'd never been born sounds like the kind of stuff that could aptly be defined as "nightmare fuel"....

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I didn't get the cupcake joke at all! I mean, I got that it was supposed to be healthy and that was the joke -- but then she just ran off?

11. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Loved the crossover between the Chef and Gordon!! It's adorable to see Sweetums:grr: assisting Gordon and Beaker assisting the Chef!!:eek::hungry:

Another thing I absolutely adored was Walter's comment when Gordon called him a muppet in the extended version of the video!:fanatic:

theSHE124 likes this.