Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

Cal

Reaction score
That deleted scene was quite nice. A shame t'was cut; it would have been nice to see more of Gonzo, more of Bunsen, and more of Gary interacing with Muppets aside from Walter, all in the film.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why on earth would they release 4 versions of the same movie?

The 19.99 dvd seems like a waste of money (and a waste of resources on disney's part) when the 23 dollar dvd has the soundtrack and a bonus feature -_-

zoebell

Reaction score
this makes me so excited to see the rest of the deleted scenes!

i can't wait to get the dvd. btw, what's the biggest difference btw the 3 disc edition and the 2 disc? is is just the soundtrack card?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
3 disc version has a digital copy of the movie and a soundtrack card, 2 disk version doesnt

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Over there it says the blooper reel is only if you buy the soundtrack card too. Is this true?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm gonna assume amazon has their facts straight. Like I said, 4 versions of the movie is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand two versions, but four is just slimy (for lack of a better way to express my feelings -_-)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Amazon goofed, but it looks like the regular DVD won't contain ANY bonus features at all. Shameful, Disney.

Good deleted scene. I have a feeling this isn't the whole deleted scene, as we don't see Gonzo throw the bowling ball. Since I'd expect both to be part of the same scene, it'd be a waste to include them as two seperate deleted scenes.

And the blooper reel appears to include some bloopers from deleted scenes, like Kermit and Miss Piggy's break-up that caused the gang to split up.

MWoO

Reaction score
this isn't a deleted scene as much as it is an altered scene. The bowling ball was replaced by a vacuum and Beaker running away was sped up in the clean up montage.

I do like that Fozzie wasn't the only one trying a cheap trick. I think that if the scene was kept it would have given the bowling ball at the end a little more signifigance. Firstly, it would have given more meaning to Gonzo's act as we now know it was his first attempt at doing it for real. Second, it sets up the bowling ball act and gives a little foreshawdoing.

I like the altered scene better, but at the same time I kind of like that they showed Gonzo having lost his confidence in his acts only to regain it later on. After all, that what the movie was really all about. Getting the muppets back to who they were. The scene goes to show just how much thought was really put into this script.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This isn't 4 versions of the same movie. This is 4 packagings of the film. What's wrong with allowing people to purchase the deal that's best for them? Some fans already have the soundtrack and others might just want the movie etc. Disney is just trying to accommodate everybody. Why the complaints?

Package 1= DVD = $19.99
Package 2 = DVD + Digital Soundtrack Download = $23.99
Package 3 = DVD + Blu-Ray = $24.99
Package 4 = DVD + Blu-Ray + Digital Soundtrack Download = $29.99

I got package number 3 because I downloaded the soundtrack when the film came out, but I got this from the Disney Store in order to get the extra little prints that came with it there. Walmart with have finger puppets instead. It's all marketing and it serves to facilitate sales. The only complaint i can understand is the omission of the deleted scenes on the DVD. I'm sure it could have fit, but Disney's obviously trying to get people to buy Blu-rays.