1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Videos featuring Muppet Julia debut on Sesame Street's YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by FunnyBear, Mar 19, 2017.

1. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Julia, the autistic Muppet introduced in 2015 has officially joined the cast and will appear on Sesame Street's 60 Minutes live appearance tonight. Sesame Street's YouTube channel has posted 6 video segments with Julia.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  2. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Active Member

I wonder Julia will met Alex (The muppet kid with a father in jail)?

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I didn't think SST could actually get worse at matting and keying, but gee!

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's web-exclusive stuff; don't expect their A-game, production-wise.

WhoseLineFan and mr3urious like this.
  5. Oscarfan

(Hate to double post)

For all you who don't get HBO, the "Meet Julia" episode is going to air on both PBS and HBO, Mon. April 10th.

WhoseLineFan and Pig's Laundry like this.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So I take it this is a "Very Special" stand-alone special that's not part of the regular season then?

7. Oscarfan

It's still an episode; not sure what content there will be other than the story.

8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That's fantastic to hear! I was literally just about to say how it was a shame kids without HBO had to wait so long to see Julia. I hope lots of people watch and we have a good discussion here.

On a slightly unrelated note, I hope Segi comes back. She's a really important character too.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  9. PonysNPuppets

PonysNPuppets New Member

I actually am on the autism spectrum. That being said, didn't they (unofficially) already have an autie character in the form of Bert?! :p

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Here's a new interview with Stacey Gordon, Julia's puppeteer:

Actually, that is a fair point when you think about it. Part of the point of Bert is to help kids respect different point of views and show them that something that might be small and boring to you can be super interesting to someone else. His obsessions with pigeons, oatmeal, collecting bottle caps and paperclips could all be interpreted as "special interests".

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  11. PonysNPuppets

PonysNPuppets New Member

Similarly, the idea of being ok with being different was already used as well only two decades earlier with Kingston Livingston III. I applaud Miss Gordon for what she is doing, I really do. However, I still think that a lot of these post-Henson people need to be educated a little if ya know what I mean ;) :p

WhoseLineFan likes this.