1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Videos: Muppets Most Wanted videos with Ross Lynch and Debby Ryan

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by muppetlover123, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

(beep-beep) Stupid post alert! (beep-beep) :grouchy:

JimAndFrank likes this.
  2. los

los Active Member

Stupid how? Don't tell me her cameo is longer???

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

We dont know how long it is but it dosnt matter they are like little 2 min cameos or less.. but we still dont know til the movie..

4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I agree. Those two promo videos was about as interesting as watching paint dry to me. "Disney channel" stars and Muppets DO NOT go hand in hand. In nearly 60 years of Muppet projects, the Muppets with Disney channel stars in specials or cameo'd episodes are the worst of the worst. Way below Oz.

And what is up with the re-use of the generic 2011 movie font? NOONE in the marketing department thought to suggest a more interesting font?

Could not agree with ya more:)

That said it was amazing to see The Muppets 2011 receive one of the absolute highest aggrigated movie review scores of that year, which rarely happens for PG family films

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Could be worse. It could be those Dawson's Creek kids again.

6. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

The videos were good in my opinion. I loved how Ross Lynch went down for Miss Piggy. :mad:

7. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Gotta tell you, those videos made me smile. And neither Ross nor Debby sounded in the least like they were cajoled into acting enthusiastic about this - they genuinely seem excited about being in this movie and being with the Muppets. Debby's interview even had a Jason Segel vibe to it, from where I was sitting.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I'm willing to put up with some Disney Channel tie-ins to get the publicity machine going for Muppets Most Wanted.

(And, quite frankly, I actually like some of these ABC-Disney cameos. I still smile when I recall Modern Family's Rico Rodriguez asking Kermit in The Muppets whether he was "one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," and Kermit emphatically declaring, "Yes I am!" to hurry the scene along.)

8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

All I can say is I don't think it's fair to judge a scene or full movie if you haven't actually seen it. There have been many times where I was excited to see a movie or TV show, and was greatly disappointed by the finished product. And there have been times where I wasn't excited about a movie or TV show, but found it surprisingly enjoyable once I actually watched it. The scenes with Lynch and Ryan may wind up being memorable, unlikable, or just plain forgettable, but there's no telling right now. And yes, I agree, the two DC stars look genuinely thrilled to be working with the Muppets.

And yes, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. So please respect other people's thoughts.

9. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

I think when you're a die hard Muppet fan like us who check this site daily then we have every right to nitpick every scene/trailer that comes out. It might be good it might be bad but if we all just waited to see the movie before we discussed it then there'd be no conversation about the movie until next year.

Anyway I can't believe how excited I am about seeing Kermit dressed in his tux but I love what we got. I'm not a big fan of Disney channel stars in Muppet movie but at the same time I think it's a good idea. As much as I hate DC shows they do have a large fanbase and if this needs to be done to get them to watch and become fans themselves then i'll happily put up with it.

I did like how excited the two actors were, honestly if they worked hard on their parts they deserve it as much as the next person and from their enthusiasm i'm sure they gave it their all.

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  10. muppetlover123

New video of kermit and piggy congratulating the queen and king on their baby :)

11. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Eric seems to have a little hoarse in this video..

muppetlover123 likes this.
  12. muppetlover123

I noticed that also

13. lady piggy

lady piggy Well-Known Member

I thought that too, the video was cute. But gosh frog, lighten up a bit . Also i LOVE piggys new outfit, tres beautiful!

Duke Remington likes this.
  14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Exactly! Someone needs to tell Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher and Eric Jacobson to stop flanderizing Piggy's character! :grr:

After all, aside from the 2011 movie, her character is FAR too negative these days--she's become a hypocrite, an over-the-top control freak, a Karma Houdini, gets angry WAAAAAAAY too easily and loves herself more than she loves her frog (why, I wouldn't be surprised if he's only saying that he loves Piggy just to try and keep her quiet)! :(

I think Steve's Kermit really needs to start standing up to the pig, telling her off and putting her back in her place like Jim's Kermit wasn't as afraid to do, especially when Piggy REALLY crossed the line (such as in the Dom DeLuise and Loretta Swit episodes of TMS)--something that he REALLY should've done on "Good Luck, Charlie" and other times and places.

Heck, I even think the frog should finally dump the pig and start dating Amy Adams, who would definetely treat him better than the pig would ever hope to do in a lifetime. :)

Reevz1977 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  15. lady piggy

lady piggy Well-Known Member

I agree with you about them flanderzing piggy's character, but everything else i strongly disagree. I salute you for stating your opinion. So heers mine, kermit needs to calm down, im so sick and tired of him giving poor piggy high hope about them being together. Yes she is demanding, but shes playing the part as the diva as well she should. She should love herself more than anyone . As the saying gose " if you can't love yourself, how the **** are you going to love somebody else. I would Love to see HER kick is little green but to the curve, find someone whos's going to appreciate and love her. I amazed she even put up with him all these years. I can see why she got excited about kate and will having a baby boy, because she probly wants one herself. But he too scared to commit, i mean come one its been what 40 or 50 years they been together. He should ether put a ring on it or they just break up . Its getting really old and no longer funny

16. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

I know we're all busy talking about actors, characterizations and performances, and what may or may not be wrong with them, but back to some of what was said about the movie ...

There's a royal wedding with crazy hats. Is anyone else envisioning some Muppet hats? I don't mean hats on Muppets, but hats that are Muppets. If you saw the actual hats from the royal wedding, you could practically slap some eyes on those and they'd be perfectly suitable Muppets.

17. muppetlover123

I was trying to protect people who didnt wanna hear about spoliers lol

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

sorry wasnt trying to sound like a butthead.

19. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

You didn't. That's the problem with posts in a forum - you can't hear tone. I wasn't trying to snap back, either, but I figured it might come across that way. The first time I didn't intend to suggest that people shouldn't talk about the other stuff, and the time before this I didn't intend to suggest that you had made some error in judgement. My words tend to sound better than they look.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  20. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Normally, I would complain about Disney Channel stars being the first to promote the movie, but these videos are really funny without giving away a lot of footage to the film!

I'm excited. Also, not complaining about these guys' cameos. They look like they have good ones. :)