Videos: Muppets Most Wanted videos with Ross Lynch and Debby Ryan

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Stupid how? Don't tell me her cameo is longer???

We dont know how long it is but it dosnt matter they are like little 2 min cameos or less.. but we still dont know til the movie..

beaker

Reaction score
Hate to be the old grouch here, but there's something rather unsettling about the inclusion of Disney Channel 'stars' in a Muppet Movie ...and I think I'll just stop right there before I start trashing on an upcoming film, and comparing it negatively to the Muppet Movies of yore.

On the other hand, the behind-the-scenes montages were nice.
I agree. Those two promo videos was about as interesting as watching paint dry to me. "Disney channel" stars and Muppets DO NOT go hand in hand. In nearly 60 years of Muppet projects, the Muppets with Disney channel stars in specials or cameo'd episodes are the worst of the worst. Way below Oz.

And what is up with the re-use of the generic 2011 movie font? NOONE in the marketing department thought to suggest a more interesting font?

Still using that god-awful logo now with added clichéd stamp effect and urgh...these videos. I'm hoping "The Muppets" wasn't a fluke!!

Sorry, sorry, sorry...was hoping to stay positive after "The Muppets" but these videos bring back the ghost of "Studio DC" - the Muppets lowest hour!! I hate the Disney nepotism machine, next up Mickey in Avengers 2?

*think positive, think positive...*
Could not agree with ya more:smile:

That said it was amazing to see The Muppets 2011 receive one of the absolute highest aggrigated movie review scores of that year, which rarely happens for PG family films

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Gotta tell you, those videos made me smile. And neither Ross nor Debby sounded in the least like they were cajoled into acting enthusiastic about this - they genuinely seem excited about being in this movie and being with the Muppets. Debby's interview even had a Jason Segel vibe to it, from where I was sitting.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I'm willing to put up with some Disney Channel tie-ins to get the publicity machine going for Muppets Most Wanted.

(And, quite frankly, I actually like some of these ABC-Disney cameos. I still smile when I recall Modern Family's Rico Rodriguez asking Kermit in The Muppets whether he was "one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," and Kermit emphatically declaring, "Yes I am!" to hurry the scene along.)

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
All I can say is I don't think it's fair to judge a scene or full movie if you haven't actually seen it. There have been many times where I was excited to see a movie or TV show, and was greatly disappointed by the finished product. And there have been times where I wasn't excited about a movie or TV show, but found it surprisingly enjoyable once I actually watched it. The scenes with Lynch and Ryan may wind up being memorable, unlikable, or just plain forgettable, but there's no telling right now. And yes, I agree, the two DC stars look genuinely thrilled to be working with the Muppets.

And yes, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. So please respect other people's thoughts.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I think when you're a die hard Muppet fan like us who check this site daily then we have every right to nitpick every scene/trailer that comes out. It might be good it might be bad but if we all just waited to see the movie before we discussed it then there'd be no conversation about the movie until next year.

Anyway I can't believe how excited I am about seeing Kermit dressed in his tux but I love what we got. I'm not a big fan of Disney channel stars in Muppet movie but at the same time I think it's a good idea. As much as I hate DC shows they do have a large fanbase and if this needs to be done to get them to watch and become fans themselves then i'll happily put up with it.

I did like how excited the two actors were, honestly if they worked hard on their parts they deserve it as much as the next person and from their enthusiasm i'm sure they gave it their all.