1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Videos: Muppets to Tweet Live During Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by ploobis, Jan 31, 2014.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

These ads are great! The characters are used beautifully, with some nice interaction between those that we rarely see together. Scooter fans will certainly be pleased!

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Awesome and hilarious!

4. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

I'm always thrilled when the characters get to be themselves. Even if it is in a car commercial. (And they all look really good in hi-def.)

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  5. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Seriously, bravo to this ad campaign. These commercials are absolutely genius!

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I love floyd getting to talk alot. And that him and Pepe get to interact.

And Rizzo is officially back!

I love Pepe being in the trunk swith his set up.

So glad Animal is not in this,but wish Dr Teeth was...

And last The Muppets can be funny without Kermit Fozzie and Piggy... i dont know what it is but Fozzie is bugging me lately..... Let the hate begin.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  7. Mo Frackle

Indeed. It is nice that some of the other characters are getting a chance to shine. As much as we all love those main Muppets (or Muppet 'mascots', if you will), it's refreshing to give them a break now and then.

8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow When you look at who all is in the car it seems like an interesting mix, and what you get is Mupptts who have not interacted with each other much bring out comic gold!

To me these ad's almost seem like the second season of the Muppet Show. When the personality's, and relationships of the Muppets really started to take shape. Now that Scooter and Floyd have new and permanent performers why not get them interacting with other Muppets? To some people Pepe is still kind of the new kid on the block, and has not really established himself, and relationships with the other Muppets.

I love how annoyed Floyd looked when Pepe started talking about how good he would taste. I also love having Rowlf drive, since that is something we have never seen. He may be making a comeback, just like the band has sure done with these ad's. I would love to know how wrote these because to me this is a huge step in the right direction for the Muppets!

9. Mo Frackle

I noticed the last two videos are unlisted. I'm not sure if Toyota wants these to go pubic yet.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Love it! So awesome! I wonder if the first ad with Terry Crews will air during the first quarter of the game, and then the other three videos that are shown here will be in the second, third and fourth quarters.

Duke Remington and Phillip like this.
  11. Solid characterization in this. Bill's Rowlf and Matt's Floyd are especially splendid. Pepe's still vacuous as ever, but eh, he doesn't hurt it.

It's interesting. Bill's Rowlf is just Bobo's voice, yet when I watch it, I can completely buy that it's Rowlf. As it's not about the voice, it's about the performance (as grating as David Rudman's voice is, his Scooter still works alright).

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  12. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Can the videos be uploaded?

13. ploobis

TRIVIA FACT: Bill Barretta directed these segments.

And he did a great job with them too! :sympathy: :rolleyes: :hungry:

14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow props to Bill. For real these are really good :)

Duke Remington and ploobis like this.
  15. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

This is why I love Bill so much :D I wonder how he'd go tackling a whole tv special or even a movie. If anyone could do it, I'd happily bet on him to pull it off.

16. Peace

Peace New Member

It's great to get character combinations that we haven't really seen lately, I like that they don't have Kermit or Piggy - they don't need to be in everything.

I know Bill directed these segments, but I wonder who wrote them? Was it a concious decision to exclude Eric Jacobson's characters because of location/travel reasons, or did the writer of the ad simply not include his characters arbitrarily/for the purpose of the scene.

I'm leaning towards the location thing, since Jacobson did have the Piggy Pistachio ad which was a solo ad.

17. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Awesome videos they're Great, Well done to Bill he did a Good Job. :)

18. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Amazing!!! Great character interactions and energy in these, and I just love that they can't actually use the word "SuperBowl" and come up with so many ways to cover it up (the Chef's being the best, of course).

Really liking where David Rudman is going with Scooter in these bits. The TED Conference appearance already showcased that he's giving Scooter a bit more of an edge (which is just as well because I actually think that avoids Walter and Scooter tripping over each other's lines, duties and personalities). The line "That's not a sporting event!" in response to Rizzo promoting MMW cracks me up every time.

19. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

scooter in these ads im squealing with delight

20. ploobis

That last video was Shocking! LOL!!! ;)

It also smelled more like burning Fleece! LOL!!! :sing:

Sorry folks, I just had to throw those Puns out!

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.