1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Videos: Muppets to Tweet Live During Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by ploobis, Jan 31, 2014.

1. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Man, these just get better and better.

I've loved the whole night's worth of Muppet Super Bowl tie-ins. Pepe's Vines alone are cracking me up (especially his touchdown dance). And the Twitterverse seems to be enjoying it all, too.

IT'S UP...AND IT'S GOOD!!!

ElizaSchuyler and ploobis like this.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I loved those Vines! I wish the Muppets would do more things like this on social media, it was really funny.

Drtooth and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know, as much as I love the main commercial, the supplemental material is even better!

And the fact it stars the big fan favorites. Rowlf? Scooter? Floyd? Are you kidding? Yeah, I'd be happy with just Kermit or Piggy... but they really pulled out all the stops with this promotion. They knew hardcore Muppet fans would get a real kick out of these commercials and put some of the big favorites out there. Gonzo's the only one of the main 5 represented, letting classic characters (and Pepe) shine.

And Floyd is dead on. Scooter and Rowlf too, but especially Floyd.

4. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

Man, I can't be the only one who thought these were going to air during the actual Super Bowl. :sympathy: These videos were awesome! Just about the only nitpick I had was that the last video ended on kind of a downer. Still, great eclectic mix of characters, even Pepe fits comfortably with the classic Muppets. :)

ElizaSchuyler and scooterfan360 like this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just caught those too. This is an all out ad experience. I'm impressed with the publicity before and after the ad actually aired.

charlietheowl likes this.