1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

View new posts button

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We added a "view new posts" button to the forum menu. Several of you have requested this so hopefully it will be a little more easier.
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Yaaay! And there's no fine line of a hot spot below the buttons anymore to screw me up.

Thanks Phil and Jamie :)
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Keep in mind that this is not the final design, although it will have the same features. The visual design will be quite different.

BTW - Knew you'd notice the pixel hot spot discrepancy has been fixed. The buttons highlight on rollover, but I can clearly see why that issue would come up sometimes. The current changes are still a quick fix. We want this menu to look just right.
  4. Ummmm....wasn't this always there?

:confused:

It has been for me, anyway...
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

It has always been there, just in another spot. And its still in that spot. I always used it too
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The main page offers the old link and the one provided in the Flash menu, but now all pages have the "view new posts" feature. That's what was missing before.

It is the forum software maker's assumption that "view new posts" should only be on the main page. The Muppet Central staff decided to offer this feature on every page after noticing that many members (myself included) continually use our browser's "back" button. That is simply bad design. A user could have clicked the forum option to bring them back to the main page, and then select the button, but that's an extra needless step.

We intended to include the option in the new design, but we received enough complaints to warrant a quick fix until the new menu debuts later this year.
  7. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

It is nice to be listened to.

Thanks.
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We are glad the "view new posts" button is helpful.
  9. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Yeah, I'm surprised some people never noticed that it was only previously on the main forum page only.

It's so much nicer to have the link accessible from anywhere in the forum rather than having to click the back button a zillion times to find the "View New Posts" link again.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You only had to click the forum button once to get to main page with that option, so it didn't require a zillion clicks, but most people seemed to be doing it the other way (including me). But two clicks for one action is too many.
  11. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Okay, so my click count was off, but I still like the new button.

Actually, using Opera I use to use mouse gestures and swipe the right mouse button up and to the left to go one directory up from where I was to get to the main forum page... which is equivalent to your clicking once on the "Muppet Central Forum" link I guess, just a little more lazily :p
  12. *sees the light*

Ahhhhhh, yes---I see it at the top of each page now. :) I was just used to usin' it every time from the forum main page. ;)
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Byron

Yeah - you know - it was always there, but lil Mokey took it one day! ;)
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

I hadn't thought about saving a click by having it on the top of every page. I guess it just wasn't a big deal to me to have to click twice. DSL modems are nice that way!
  15. Re: Byron

*sigh*

You ain't never gonna let me live 'at down, are ya?

:(

:mad:
  16. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Don't worry By. I'm sure this will get old soon and we'll find something else to make fun of.
  17. Thijs

Thijs Member

Good thing that button. I always use to go to new posts, and since I am kinda lazy...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.