Viewer Descretion Advised, Much?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the good old days when you could just watch anything on national primetime television, without worry? Now, practically EVERY single new show you watch these days always say "Viewer Descretion Advised". Anyone agree?

superfan

Reaction score
Oh, tell me about it! You're right about that!
But it doesn't seem to matter to some parents. A kid in my daycare (only 3 years old) came to me and described to me an entire episode of the Family Guy! He knew the names of all the characters. He obviously didn't understand the adult themes, but just because it's a cartoon doesn't mean it's for children. That's why that Viewer Discretion thing is on there!!

jediX

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Whatever happened to the good old days when you could just watch anything on national primetime television, without worry? Now, practically EVERY single new show you watch these days always say "Viewer Descretion Advised". Anyone agree?
Because networks have given up on producing quality programs. Enough said.

BEAR

Reaction score
That is what was so unique about the Muppets. They could be funny and entertaining without being cheap by filthy swearing or talking about sex. Those are the true comedians. Bill Cosby was also a prime example of this. I miss those days. There are still some smart shows out there but only a few. I think Friends and Seinfeld sort of ended that era.