1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Viewers want Muppet Show back on TV

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by MuppetDanny, Nov 16, 2008.

1. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

from Press Association :

Borples and Walter like this.
  2. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

Nice find Danny. All I got to say is, hopefuly Disney pays attention to this.

Walter likes this.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

And hopefully not just for the UK :sympathy:

Walter likes this.
  4. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

That's pretty awesome :D

Walter likes this.
  5. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

O_O Oh, I hope Disney listens. I hope, I hope, I hope...

Walter likes this.
  6. Davina

Davina Member

everyone needs to email this to EVERYONE they know.. hehe.. get all of them to link it.. and maybe.. in about 6 months.. people might start hearing about it... heh

Walter likes this.
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*hee* Six months? The internet gets things done a lot faster than that now :excited:

Walter likes this.
  8. Davina

Davina Member

well, i was allowing for _some_ wiggle room :) what with the holidays coming up, not everyone might have the time to devote to such things.. heh

9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Promising news! People do want to see classic programming. ;)

10. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

What TV programme would UK viewers most like to see return?

It's The Muppet Show, of course!

According to a poll run by Zed Media, TMS was the #1 choice. It's funny that I found this info today because earlier I was thinking how cool it would be to have Kermit and the gang re-open the Muppet Theater and begin doing shows like they used to in the 70s.

I was also pleased to see that my all time favorite show, Bewitched, was #9 on the list.

You can read more about it here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a135795/viewers-want-the-muppets-revived.html

11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I still don't for the life of me know what the heck a Womble is.... :attitude:

They make so many references to them on Vicar of Dibley....

12. Davina

Davina Member

13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Very cool!

14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I was hopiing by the title of this thread that The Muppet Show would be it!

15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I at least hope that it comes on after the series is done being released on DVD.

16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I think we may get another Muppet Show but it is all going to rely on how well this new movie does.

17. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

ooo I love The Wombles. They are hilarious.

18. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

That's really great to hear, that people want the Muppets back on TV on a regular basis, and in starring roles. Now if only the studio execs would listen.

19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know, at this point I really have no doubt that will have another show. But if the put on the original show I would be happy!

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

We will have another show at some point, depending on how the movie does. And I agree that the old episodes should be reran (as well as Muppets Tonight) once all the DVD's are out (so as not to cut into the sales).

Now, if only they could find a place to rerun Fraggle Rock so we can hype up the movie, we'll be sittin' pretty.